Should Flag Football be in the Olympics?

There has been some conversation about flag football being in the Olympics. It is official now in 2028 there will be flag football in the Olympics. I think this is great and it gets the name of football out there to everyone.

Football has always been an American sport for the most part. They have football in other countries but it is not as big as it is in America. I think that flag football in the Olympics is good to get the name of the sport out there. Since football is such an American sport I think that there will be no competition for America. I am going to like watching America play football against other countries though. It seems a lot of people are on board with this being in the Olympics but they think that it is going to be a smoke show with America winning it all. 

In the end, I think that this is a great idea for many reasons. The name of the sport is getting out there, it is going to add spice to the Olympics and get to see how American football compares to other countries.

Do you think there should be flag football in the Olympics?

Who do you think will win the flag football in the Olympics?

Do you think that a lot of NFL stars will do it?

https://olympics.com/en/news/la-2028-gives-flag-football-players-something-special-to-work-for 

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/25/1208391481/flag-football-goes-from-the-nations-gym-classes-to-the-olympics#:~:text=The%20National%20Football%20League%20will,Summer%20Games%20in%20Los%20Angeles

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I disagree because it is a great way to get the sport out to the entire world so more countries could posisibly play it.

• I personilay dont belive that flag football should be apart of the olympics. Flag football is and was made to be a safer more kid appropriate vertion of regular football, And that means flag football is still considered football, just modified.

• I think flag football would be a good idea for the Olympics. It gives other countries chances to see the rules of football even though it an altered version of the professional league. 

• I do not think that there should be flag football in the Olympics. I think that it is too easy of a form of football. I think that tackle football should be added to the Olympics as a substitute.  Being that it is more physically demanding than flag football would make it more physically appropriate than just running and pulling a flag. But because America is the main home for football I think that we would dominate. 

• Personally, I would absuloutely never watch flag football if it did end up being an olympic sport. Although, I don't see the reason not too have it in the olympics. It is just a sport, so if race walking can be an olympic sport, then flag football has every business in being one too.

• I agree that it should have every reason to be in the Olympics but I do think it would be entertaining.

• I don't think that there should be flag football in the Olympics because the United States would dominate the whole competition. The United States and Canada would be in the finals and the United States would win. I think NFL stars could be incentivized to do it for money.

• I agree that the U.S would dominate and that their wouldn't be much competition because it is mainly a U.S sport.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker