Should companies use machines over people?

Robotic Machines have been around since 1948, when the first robot was invented by William Grey Walter. The first ever robot to function properly was the Unimate. General Motors installed the first robotic machine to work in their factory in 1961. This robot's designed job was to move hot pieces of metal. This took many people out of work due to the fact that the machines could do the dangerous and hard jobs with no injury. 

Since the first robot was invented and placed in a work environment 14% of workers say that their jobs have been replaced by a robot since 2021. In 2022 the automation of America lost over 75 million jobs. This is because Automation created 133 million jobs by the beginning of 2022.  By 2025 the estimated number of jobs controlled by machines will reach tp 97 million. 

These machines  have caused many problems with workers.The workers feel like they are taking more jobs away from the people. Others think that this will be a more effective way to run companies. Some advantages to machines are they increase efficiency and productivity. They reduce error, reduce risk rates, and improve safety for employees in high risk or dangerous work environments. Robots also improve organization and are cost effective for the workplace. This is because they will not need to take lunch breaks, holidays, sick leave or changing shift times.

Although some people like these robotic machienes others would disagree. These machines have caused many job losses or potential job losses in the future. These machines  can also cause high cost of implementation, thinking and doing something without having to be programmed. Robots can also be at risk of cyber problems and data protection. These machines are connected to the whole environment causing hackers to better be able to hack into important information. The Autonomous Robots also take time to charge and move slower and can have machine errors.  

In my opinion I do not think that These robots  or any type of autonomous Machines should be part of our society. They take jobs away from the people and that could cause a lot of problems such as unemployment. 

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/trusting-machines-versus-humans-we-must-understand-the-difference/

https://www.granta-automation.co.uk/news/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-robotic-automation/

Do you think we should replace human workers with Machines? 

Do you think that by 2030 there will be Machines/Robots running everything?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice and its original so +5. Super job!

• I think that we should keep using humans for our labor in the world. If it has worked for thousands of years then why change it now. Changing this would destroy millions of jobs around the world and just hurt us as a whole. Hopefully by 2030 there isnt all robots running everything.

• Although I believe that machines would be more accurate in doing the job at hand, people are less expensive to maintain. I think that would shouldn't try to take away the jobs of the people merely for slight productivity increase. Therefore, I think that we should have people do the people's jobs and not have machinery.

• I personally don't think we should replace humans with robots. I think it would cause the other working people to have to pay more taxes because others can't work because of the job be taken. As much as I would love to get to sit and do nothing all day and still get paid I think America's obesity problems would skyrocket with people just having to sit at home and do nothing because robots are doing everything. 

• I think that machines will soon replace humans factory wise but when it comes to other hands on type of jobs where a machine isn't the best option for that job. Plus, these machines still need to be precise and accurate for them to be used correctly and that is where humans come in to calibrate said machine.

• Machines would be a good alternative for humans working exteremly dangerous jobs that could result in serious injury or death. Other jobs that are not life threatening should be left for humans to work to avoid an unemployment problem. I think by 2030 there will be a lot more jobs that are ran by robots than there are currently. 

• I think we shouldn't replace people with machines because the people who don't have enough to pay for their bills and barley surviving off of what they have. They need thoes jobs to pay their bills to keep their house,water, and electric on. They need that money to keep their home and need it to keep their family healthy. so i don't think we need machines.

• I think most jobs will be coverd by robots or machines but I also believe that not all of them will and it would just still increase from there. I do think that not all jobs will be replaced by robots but I also think a lot of the jobs will be taken over by the  machines.

• I think a lot of jobs will be run by machines by 2030, but not quite all of them. I do not think that we should replace human workers with machines because it makes it harder to find jobs that you can earn money from, unless you bcome someone who supervises or works on these machines. However, it might be efficient to replace human workers with machines in dangerous jobs.

• I think that jobs that are dangerous should have robots working them. The jobs that aren’t really dangerous should have people working at them. Some jobs that you have to build stuff for people like buildings and other stuff should not be worked by robots they should be humans that build the stuff.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker