Should AriZona Tea Keep Its Price of 99 Cents?

AriZona Tea is a well-known beverage company that sells all over the world. It’s mainly known for its good-quality beverages that only cost 99 cents. Originally made in order to compete with Snapple, it has now become one of the most favored drinks of some people across the world. Some people believe that AriZona should change its prices according to the current inflation index. Some would rather keep it at its cheaper and original price since it has become what keeps it popular.

AriZona Tea started to market its products in 1992 in Brooklyn, NY. Since then, the company has let their many teas at the price of 0.99. The company has stated they keep it at that price because they believe that we, the consumers, are hard-working people. The Arizona Tea company wants to give back to those who work hard with a drink that is affordable, tastes great, and is made with high-quality products.

At the time that the AriZona Tea company started to sell its products, the inflation index was at 3.01%. in 2021, the index was at 3%. That being said, if the price were to change in accordance with inflation, the cost would be $2.06. I believe that AriZona should keep its price because it’s part of its message and mission to keep the price of its beverages at a reasonable and attainable price. If AriZona keeps its price, people will keep on buying from them and will also keep the money coming in, which is the main goal.

Do you like AriZona tea?

Do you think its smart for the company to keep it at 99 cents?

Would you rather it stay or go up with the inflation index?

sources: https://www.rd.com/article/arizona-iced-tea-99-cents/

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you; it'd be nice if everything else was at a low price like the tea. I never have thought of it as them setting a good example, but now that you mention it, it is good for them to show other companies that they can offer products for lower prices and keep money coming in at the same time. 

• I think keeping the price at 99 cents would be good for the people whose go-to is the tea. It could even help the ones who don't have a lot of money. I think the tea is really good and will help their company because more people will buy it since it's such a low price.

• I think keeping the price of Arizona tea at 99 cents would be the smartest idea, in my opinion, for the company. The low prices are generally what draws attention to this drink, and it tastes good. I would much rather stay at its iconic price of only 99 cents.

• I don’t personally like to drink tea but I’ve heard of people who like to drink tea. I feel that they should raise their price a little bit so they are making more money as the price of ingredients goes up. However I don’t think they should raise their prices a whole lot. I think that the people that like the tea will continue to buy the tea no matter the price.

• I personally think Arizona tea is very good. I do not drink it much but when I do have it, it is very good. But I think that they should definitely keep their price at 99 cents I think it actually helps them because more people will buy it even if it is not great because it is cheap. 

• I don't usually drink tea, but the few times I've had it I think Arizona is a good option. I thank that by keeping the price at 99 cents the company is making a good marketing decision. Because of the cost of production and the profit they make from the tea, they make enough money to keep the company thriving. If inflation is a factor that affects the company I think that they should move their price up to accommodate, but if it will not affect the company's profit margin it would be wise to keep the price the same.

• I agree with you. The price has always worked for them and keeps customers buying from them. It's a really good marketing decision for them since that is what most people know them for as well. 

• I think that Arizona tea should keep their tea at 99 cents. I is good tea but I do not drink a lot of it so I don't really have an opinion. I think that at least something in the US right now needs to stay cheap. Over all I do not care if it goes up or down I do not drink a lot of it. 

• Yes. I have had arizona tea and it is really good. I could see why they would put the price up though. Espicially if they cant make enough for how much demand there is for it. I think it should stay 99 cents we don't need anything else going up in price. 

• I dont think I have ever drank AirZona tea, but a price of 99 cents seems resonable depending on the teaste and size. Now if they cant make enough for demand then it would make sence if they increase their price a bit. I would rather have it stay 99 cents then go up in price thanks to inflation. One more thing we need is another thing going up in price.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker