Should America intervene with the war between Israel and Hamas? On October 7th, Hamas attacked Israel, breaching their borders in a sneak attack, and attacking Israeli citizens, as well as kidnapping and taking some of them hostage. Israel retaliated by launching airstrikes on the Gaza Strip the same day, killing even more civilians. That day, almost 1,200 people were killed in the Hamas and Israel attacks, and nearly 250 held hostage in Gaza, 2 of which were American. To this day, more than 11,000 have died in Gaza today, and more have been kidnapped. America is Israel’s top trading partner, as well as having strong historical and economical relations, as well as sending military supplies to aid Israel. But should the US completely step in and send troops and manned artillery to Israel, potentially saving lives, but possibly ending thousands?

There could be two possible outlooks on this debate, the people who think that yes, we should send in troops, and no, that we should mostly stay out of it. Why might someone say yes? Someone might say yes if they believe that what Hamas is doing is unjust and needs to be stopped, that the hostages need to be freed, or maybe they want to put an end to the fighting and death.. If we did send troops, lots of lives could potentially be saved, but many palestinian lives possibly lost in the process. Why might someone say no? Someone might say no if they themselves are Palestinian, Pro-Palestinian, Pro-Hamas, do not believe that it would do any good, or think that we are doing enough and it is not our war. If we didn’t send troops, Israel would continue to get supplies and would most likely keep attacking and push Hamas back, but the Gaza Strip would be permanently damaged and would take years to rebuild.

My opinion on this is mostly neutral, I think that send a few troops to maybe help the Israeli Police and Fire Department with all the rubble and chaos in the street. Other than that I’m for the most part neutral.

• What do you think we should do? 
  • Should we send help to Israel or stay out of it for the most part?
  •  What do you think could happen if we did send troops?
  • Where do you stand on this topic?

Sources

Google mostly

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Glad you got this posted finally! Well done! It was two weeks late however.

• I dont think we should intervene because their are people in the U.S. that support both sides its also much more difficult to make decisions that dont harm people. I think if there was a way to end war without harming good people that dont deserve it we should go forward with it.

• I think we should be a bystander for a while but we should also make sure other countries don't try to join. I think we should stay out of it for the most part but we could send a little help if they need it. I thin if we sent troops a big war would break out.

• I do not think we should intervene because it is difficult to make a decision that does not harm others. Another reason that I believe we shouldn't intervene is that people in the US support both sides. If we could do something to end the war without harming innocent people we should.

• Yea, US Palestinians have been protesting just becuase we are sending supplies, so we could have a reapeat of Jan 6. if we're not carerful.

• I think we should put more arial and ground defnese near isreal fro the time being. We should intervene cause the countries in the area together dont have a stronger military than the US. If we did wed push them back and pause the fighting for a while. Something i heard is that since were helping isreal some people from the other countires in the area are moving to the US and getting in groups of a couple 100 and are gonna try and attack america from the inside out.

• Definetly, I think that that's a good idea so if the US needs to intervene then they can if they think they need to. 

• I think we should back the hell up. its not our fight. its not our country. i dont care who we stand with who stared it. nada thing. Its stupid. im 99% sure if we just simply gave them freedom it would end most of this so. kinda our fualt but still im saying we back the hell up.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker