Should ag classes be required in High School?

Should Ag classes be required in high school

I don't think ag classes should be required in high school but should be encouraged because everyone around here is eating the products of what we grow as farmers every day. Some people dont even know where their food that they eat comes from. Ag plays a big role in today’s world without it there would be no food for us to eat. You would not be able to go to your favorite restaurant and order hardly anything without it being tied to agriculture. In some ag classes will teach some science and that will be useful in your future life. Ag classes dont only teach you about these things it can teach you important life skills that you can use in any job in your future.

Some other people think that agriculture classes are pointless. They think that since they are going into a business field when they are older they dont need to have an ag class when they are in high school.

Do you think ag classes should be required in High School?

Are you in any ag classes?

Do you plan of having a job in ag later on in your life?

SOURCES

https://yhsnews.com/939/2021-2022-stories/student-opinion-the-benefits-of-ag-education/

https://collegeambassadors.uconn.edu/2019/03/07/why-is-agriculture-education-important/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No I don't think that ag classes should be required for highschool students. I think that some people don't have enough room in there scheduale. But yes people should know things about ag so they don't think that food comes from stores. People need to know where food comes from and how it is made. 

• I agree people should defienetly know where their food is coming from and how it is processed.

• I do not think ag classes should be required in highschool, because if I know that im not going to do anything with ag in my future, I do not want to waste a whole period of my day in an ag class. No, I am not in an ag class, and I wont have an ag job later in life.

• No, because if I don't want to take it I shouldn't have to take it. no, I'm not why? because I'm not in any. no, i don't see myself in an ag career in my life why you may ask because they're all pretty boring like, oh, let's go drive a tractor and stare at dirt for 12 hrs a day.  

• As someone who is in Ag, I don't think that it should neccisarily be required, but more encouraged like some other people said because its important to learn about our environment and the crops and stuff. However I know that it's not everyones cup of tea so no I don't think it should be required. I think FFA is very fun though and I do highly encourage it because it helps people get out and do things, make friends and more exploring and oppurtunities.

• I do not think that ag classes should be required. I think ag can help with many things but not to the point where it should be required. I am not in an ag class but I was in one in freshman year. I do not think I will be in a job that is related to ag.

• I don't think ag should be required. They are good for students who want to be farmers and go into the ag community. But requiring it for everyone, especially kids who know they aren't interested in ag, seems kind of pointless. I'm not in any and that's partly why I'm against it. 

• I don't think that ag classes should be required, only provided. If someone feels the need to take an agraculture class, then they should have the option, but requiring them would not make much sense, because some people just wouldn't benefit from them.

• I do not think Ag class should be required. I personally think it is  not worth my time because you learn almost nothing or stuff you already know if you've been on the farm. If kids want to learn a lot about farming they need to get out into the real world and do it, instead of watching videos of it.

• I do not think that they should be required because other kids may not be interested in them and they are not part of the academics. I am in a ag class because I am somewhat interested in that. I do not plan on having a job in the future buy I do still enjoy it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker