Reuniting Pearl Harbor soldiers

Yesterday, more than a dozen soldiers that survived Pearl Harbor attended the 73rd anniversary in Hawaii. Many of the surviving soldiers spoke and recalled their experiences. They visited the monument of the Arizona yesterday to commemorate their fallen soldiers, friends, and loved ones. 

See the story here

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/07/pearl-harbor-survivors-reunite-in-hawaii-to-mark-73rd-anniversary-attack/

What do you think will happen when there are no more remaining survivors?

Have you ever visited the monument? If so, what was your experience?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that even if there are no more remaining survivors, they will still be remembered like they are still with us. I wish I could say I have been to the monument, but I haven't.

• I think that it will be a historical place to visit. To remind use of the people who fought for us.
  • If some how they all do die out, They will be remembered. Through their stories and ideals are the things we will never forget 

• I think that the veterans of pearl harbor have done an excellent job sharing there experience with us and that memory will never die no matter if the veterans die out.

• I think that people would still go because it's such a huge memory and it would be awesome to go.

• I think that people will go anyways because it was a major event in our history. It totally changed the whole history of the world too. I haven't been to the monument but I want to go there someday really bad. 

• I think it would be nice to visit the memorial.

• It would be sad for there to be no one to remember that day in history. I have never been to the monument, but I hope to see it one day. 

• When there are no more survivors, someone will tell about the history of the monument as survivors do today. I have never visited it before but I hope someday I can.

• This monument will forever hold the history of the event, especially when there is no survivors to tell the stories

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker