Pokemon Go-Playing Truck Driver Kills Woman in Japan

Japanese police had arrested 39 year old, farming suspect who had not been paying attention to the road and struck 2 older women playing the popular game Pokemon-Go. One of the two victims,  in which was in her early 70s, had died from a spinal injury while the other had been hospitalized with severe injury. Police stated that the suspect had been distracted by this game.

This has been the first ever case of death in Japan from someone playing this game.  There has been many other death cases that have resulted from playing this game also. 

Questions: 

1. Do you play Pokemon-Go? What is your favorite thing about it?

2. Why do you think this game is resulting in so many deaths? Why is it so distracting to drivers?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you completely! I think this game has gone overboard and is too big of a distraction to drivers and even people just walking on the streets. I think too many people text and drive, and playing this game while driving is even worse. 

• No, I don't play it. I think it is a huge distraction to people because it takes a lot of thought. You get into the game and forget to watch the road. This is how I sometimes am while snapchatting and driving, and I'm sure playing this game is worse. I think it's sad they do this while driving.

• I agree, I'm not sure why people are so addicted and distracted by it. I used to play it a lot and didn't really like it, so I deleted it. I think this game has caused way too many tragedies and deaths. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker