Pineapple on Pizza?

Do you eat pineapple on pizza?  Let's dig in to know the statistics and history of it 

Despite being called the Hawaiian pizza it is actually first created in Canada in 1962. Sam Panopoulos, the creator of the pizza, thought to add canned pineapple to his pizza, not knowing that it would become a huge success. Why did it become a success? Well, no one really knows for sure, but they think that it reminded people of the tiki craze that happened in 1959. The name Hawaiian come into play when Sam Panopoulos saw on the can that it said Hawaiian. 

82% of people surveyed by YouGov said that they actually like pineapple on pizza, while 29% said that they hated the idea. 53% liked the idea of fruit being on pizza in general, and 12% said that they disliked it.  Another Survey said given by Slice, 54% of people didn't like the idea of pineapple being on pizza, While 46% thought it was a good idea. At least the idea of pineapple being on Pizza was more acceptable than strawberries! 

You may be wondering, why do people like pineapple on pizza, and a way that it could be considered " acceptable". One reason is the sweet and saltiness balance. The sweetness of the pineapple and the saltiness of the ham, sauce, and cheese balance each other out. On the flip side, some people say that it is just too juicy and they don't like the sweetness with the pizza. 

Personally, I really like Pineapple on pizza and so does my sister, but my brother, on the other hand, hates the texture. Whatever you pick, that is up to you and that is your preference. 

Questions 

Do you like pineapple on pizza? 

What's your favorite pizza topping? 

Sources 

https://www.today.com/food/pineapple-acceptable-pizza-topping-america-decides-t118980

http://spizzicorestaurant.com/pizza-debate/#:~:text=People%20who%20don't%20like,classics%2C%20like%20pepperoni%20or%20mushrooms.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't enjoy pineapple on pizza and I don't know anyone who really likes it either. I think that people find weird things to use as pizza toppings just to be non-traditional, and pineapple is too sweet to belong on pizza like that. My favorite pizza topping is pepperoni.

• That is very interesting, honestly, There have been weirder things out there that people put on pizza, and may I say, I have been surprised 

• I have never tried pineapple on pizza and I do not think I would like it very much. I don't think pizza sauce, cheese, and pineapple would taste very good all together. My favorite pizza topping is pepperoni or just plain cheese. 

• I like pepperoni on my pizza sometimes too! But sometimes it is a little bit spicy for me 

• No. Pineapple should've never been put on pizza in the first place. Fruit doesn't belong on pizza. My favorite pizza is pepperoni. I like sausage and beef too. And I like breakfast pizza. 

• Breakfast pizza can be so good in the mornings! I especially like bacon breakfast pizza, I don't know but it just makes me feel happier after I eat breakfast pizza. 

• I personally don't like pineapple on my pizza and I feel that it should just strictly stay to people eating it as an enjoyable fruit not on pizza. I have many different favorite pizza toppings it just depends on the day and where the pizza is from. My favorite is mostly pepperoni but on occasions beef is good and sometimes I just like plain cheese pizza. 

• Although beef isn't always my favorite option for pizza, sometimes just a nice cheese pizza can really hit the spot. especially when we were younger and would go to birthday parties, it was the best. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker