Overdosed Mother

A woman collapses in the middle of a dollar store while shopping with her 2 year old daughter. This was because she overdosed on opiates. Opiates are a form of medicine that make you drowsy, depressed, sedative, and are very similar to morphine. When the mother fell onto the store floor, her daughter began screaming and crying and grabbed at her mother's unresponsive body. She tried to pull her up with one, and then both hands, but the mom doesn't even move. She even reached around her mom's neck pulling her head and chin up, but still nothing. A bystander had called 911, and they were on their way at the time that everyone stood around. She was given 2 doses of Narcan to block out the effect of opiates.

Drug overdoses are now a very common reason for deaths. Sky rocketing to almost 50,000 deaths in the past few years. Passing both car accidents and shootings. 

---QUESTIONS---

1. Why do you think no one helped the little girl? Instead they just stood around and watched.
  2. What would you have done if you were in the store?
  3. Why do you think so many people are now dying from drugs?
  4. What do you think should happen to the mother? 

My opinion: I think they didn't want to scare the child and they didn't know if the mom was just crazy. I think it is because drugs are so much easier to get now a days. And I think they need to run a background check on her and see if the child should stay with her.

--READ FULL STORY HERE--

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• They should have really helped the child yes. She is literally 2 years old. It is outrageous how many people think of drugs this way.

• I think they didn't help the girl because they didn't want to make her even more upset. I would have tried to comfort the girl and call 911 immediately. Drugs are more widespread and more addicting than ever so people have easy access and they will continue to want them. I think the mother should go to rehab until she loses her addiction.

• That is true, she maybe would act out even more. Rehab is a good solution.

• I think that the whole situation was probably very chaotic, confusing, and crowded. I would've tried to help as best I could if I were in this situation. I think that drugs are everywhere nowadays- they're even legal in some states! I think that mother should be sent to a rehabilitation facility and the daughter should be taken care of while the mother is there.

• Yes they are becoming legal! Which is ridiculous. It makes it so much easier for people to overdose and get addicted.

• Im assuming everyone standing around was just as confused and scared for the mom as the little girl was and the best action for them would to be to wait for the police and ambulance to show up. I would have call the 911 also and maybe find a way to calm the little girl by reassuring her help is on the way and everything will be okay.

• True, the safest thing was to just call 911 and let the police handle it.  

• I think that the people didn't know what to do and realized that the child was not being harmed during this situation. I would call 911 and do my best to keep to little girl calm until someone was there to help the mother. I think drugs are being easier to obtain and many people can just search for someone selling them. I think the child should be held with a family member until the mother can finish rehab.

• That's a different way of looking at it. They could have thought they were doing less harm by leaving her alone there since there was no harm done to her then.

• They weren't side what to do, the little girl dosent know the people and that could scare her a ton. I would have gone to the little girl and tried to make her calm down, I would have told someone to call 911 as well and get the store manager. Drug poisoning and drug addiction, drugs are becoming legal in some states and so they can easily overdose on them. I think a heavy find needs to be put on, and since they were in a doller store and she has a young daughter i am guessing she dosent have much money and so I think she will be needing time to get some of the money.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker