One spider, two spiders, three, four, one-thousand??

Most people don't particularly "like" spiders. One it plenty, two is way too many, but how about thousands? That's the case for residents of a neighborhood in Northern Memphis, Tennessee whose homes are being taken over by thousands(or more) of spiders. Resident Debra Lewis says it's like something straight out of a horror film. Sure does sound like it. 

The spiders are coming from a nearly half-mile long web. Memphis zoo Curator Steve Reichling told CNN it's just part of a dispersal of "harmless, beneficial arachnids". 

There are thousands of the creepy, crawling creatures. They're in the house, all over the doors and windows. People are spending hours killing them. What would you do if this was your house. All of these spiders are only going to reproduce. Imagine that happening to you and your family. Would you move, bomb your home, how would you handle the situation? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to reply to student comments and provide a link to the story.

• I'm not scared of spiders but that doesn't mean I'd want thousands in or around my home. I would probably try to exterminate them.

• I really don't mind spiders at all because I personally think that spiders are cool (I just don't like holding them that much). But when there are thousands of spiders crawling around in my house, I think that I would call an exterminator to clean the house and get rid of them. If an exterminator couldn't get rid of the spiders I would probably have to move to somewhere else. I mean come one a lot of people have probably had spiders in their homes (this is just a little to many of them). 

• Omg, spiders scare me!! I would make someone kill them and I would try and bomb my house but if that didn't work I would have to move. Ew!!

• I hate spiders! I would try and kill as many as i could. And then I would call an exterminator.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker