Oklahoma Cold Cases Solved: 6 missing people found

A group of three teens in 1969 were found in a 1969 blue Chevrolet Camaro murky lake. The descriptions and DNA tests match the missing reports of a case in 1970. The teens said they were planning on attending a football game the night they went missing but possibly skipped the game to go hunting instead because there were two rusty, corroded hunting rifles in the car. The deaths were accidental. 

How do you think that the car ended up in the lake?

A group of three people from age 42 to 69 went missing one night in 1969 and were found in the same murky lake as the teenagers a year later. The group was found in a green Chevrolet. The DNA matched that of a missing persons case that same year. The last anyone saw of them was a person who helped them get their car started by "giving them a push". Deaths were accidental and all victims died due to drowning. 

How do think the car ended up in the lake, do you think it could have been due to car troubles?

Oklahoma Cold Cases Link 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• There was no evidence of any alcohol involved but I do see where you are coming from.

•  they are many possibilities how the two cars got there maybe they had vehicle malfunction because the last person that  saw them where giving the a push. Couple of year ago During Summertime i went to Oklahoma to visited one of my good friends that i met during a baseball tournament. I  wanted   to see how they  noodled for catfish. i was told to watch out for old cars underneath the banks of the river  . i didn't thought it was true but i was wrong their was.

• Wow, I didnt realize that it is so common to find cars in lakes down there. 

• They might have car problems and something went wrong with the engine.

• purhaps there was sabotage, or maybe the car just randomly malfunctioned

• Could have been really anything, with cases this old it's hard to tell. 

• They might have hit a soft spot on the road and rolled in it might be a year round oft spot where they cars just hit it and went out of control or it could have been the person who helped them might have force d it or even they really did have car troubles you never know!

• Its hard to tell after this long. I never thought about there being a soft spot in the road. 

• Maybe there was a blind spot or something in their line of sight and crashed into the lake. The other conclusion is that they was probably too drunk to drive.

• There was no evidence of alcohol involved but there very well could have been a blind spot. Or maybe they swerved to hit a deer. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker