This weekend North Korea threatened to destroy a U.S aircraft carrier that is beginning a join exercise with two Japanese destroyers in the Western Pacific Ocean. In North Korea's said that this country is ready to illustrate it's military force by sinking the U.S aircraft carrier called the USS Carl Vinson. This is after rising tensions between the U.S and North Korea arguing about the nuclear weapons North Korea has it's the countries possession and after the strong military display held by North Korea. At this point the U.S isn't  really worried about North Korea and the possibility of them sinking our aircraft carrier. The reason being that they are not worried is because a state President Donald Trump they are sending an armada to the North Korean peninsula to deal with this problem. 

Full Story here

Questions :

Why do you think the North Korea threatened to destroy a U.S aircraft carrier?

Do you think that Donald Trump made the right choice by sending an armada to the Korean Peninsula and why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am in full agreement with you because they think they are powerful but they are not and I agree with you on that part because America is the dominate country and we need to act like it.

• I think they threatened us to make themselves look stronger and better than us. They probably think that we might back down by their threats. I think he shouldn't have sent one because North Korea is always threatening us and we will never know when they decide to actually do something to our country.

• I think they threatened us like you said because they think they are stronger then America.  I think agree with you because North Korea is sketchy and anything that provokes them  they will attack.

• I think that North Korea threatened to destroy the U.S aircraft carrier so they know and think that they look tough. I think that Donald Trump should keep on the down low for this because North Korea is always threatening to do things to us. 

• i agree with you because even if they go to war with the U.S no one else in the world likes them so they'd be fighting a war by themselves. I also agree with you on this because they have always threatened us.

• I think that hey don't want anyone messing with them, and being around them. They might be hiding something, and that might be a reason. I think that Donald Trump made a good call to send troops there, just to have a look and to make sure that nothing happens.

• I see what you mean and everything you say makes sense because that all could be true. I agree with you because you never know what they might be doing over their and the fact that we have troops in the area says alot.

• Probably telling them they are getting to close to them. Yes and no because if all goes good they will leave us alone, but if it goes bad armada might get captured and killed knowing how much North Korea hates us.

• They were probably trying to send a message to the United States, and to not mess with them. Yes because that shows how strong we are, and we won't back down from this guy. 

• I mean what you said is correct because hey they think their strong and i agree with you because America hasn't backed down yet from anyone and this isn't different.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker