North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un, says the country is ready to send their first ever military spy satellite to space. They have planned to launch it on an unknown date so we will not know when. North Korea has already proven that they can launch satellites into space using missiles and rockets.

Many experts are wondering if the satellites cameras are good enough for high quality pictures. Previous pictures from old satellite tests have shown low quality and low resolution pictures. On Kim’s visit to the aerospace agency, Kim has stated that having a satellite is crucial for the country to effectively use its capable nuclear missiles. Kim Jong Un says that there are serious security threats by “the most hostile rhetoric and explicit actions” by the US and South Korea. Kim is hoping to pressure his rivals on issues including joint military drills and international economic sanctions on North Korea.

I think that this is something we should be worried about because this could be a threat to the US, South Korea, Japan, ect. Many countries around the world have begun practice drills for North Korea's missiles. That alone just goes to show that this satellite is going to become a big threat.

What is your opinion on North Korea's satellite?

Do you think Nato should do something about it?

https://apnews.com/article/north-korea-kim-spy-satellite-1cfbe5a706d8d92da53cfdb9e810a21a

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your topic is good and you did a good job replying as well. Be sure to expand a bit more on your summary.

•  do not think they should be able to launch a military satelite to spy on other countries and use it against them. I think NATO should keep a close watch on it and if it gets misused it should be shot down. I think that if they wanted to go to war they would lose to NATO anyways.

• I am not sure what I think because we won't actually know what they are going to use it for until they use it so they could have good motives for doing it or bad ones. I think that NATO should be on high allert and closely monitor North Korea.

• I think the satellite could potentially be very dangerous. Hopefully, the satellite does not have good video quality, but we do not know much about North Korea's capabilities and plans. I think we would be well within our rights to do something against the satellite.

• I do not think they should be able to launch a military satelite to spy on other countries and use it against them. I think NATO should keep a close watch on it and if it gets misused it should be shot down. I think if they are going to try to fight any country in NATO, they will lose anyways.

• I agree their country is not capable to take on NATO and North Korea knows that so I doubt they will try anything major with it yet.

• I think that NATO should be watching the satellite, but shouldn't take it down until it starts being a risk to a country's safety. If North Korea is serious about starting a war with NATO, I'm pretty sure NATO will win, so I don't see much harm coming from the satellite. 

• I agree because as far we know it hasn't done anything hostile yet.

• I think we should get rid of it. I feel like it could be an issue on the rise for the United states. North Korea is a very communist country that needs to be stopped. Nato might do something about it, but they might not want to interfere with another communist country.

• I am not very educated in this topic but I think that this satellite could potentially end up being a threat to different countries and end up hurting them. I don't think that we should be anything at the moment but eventually if things get worst we should try to take the satellite down. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker