North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un, says the country is ready to send their first ever military spy satellite to space. They have planned to launch it on an unknown date so we will not know when. North Korea has already proven that they can launch satellites into space using missiles and rockets.

Many experts are wondering if the satellites cameras are good enough for high quality pictures. Previous pictures from old satellite tests have shown low quality and low resolution pictures. On Kim’s visit to the aerospace agency, Kim has stated that having a satellite is crucial for the country to effectively use its capable nuclear missiles. Kim Jong Un says that there are serious security threats by “the most hostile rhetoric and explicit actions” by the US and South Korea. Kim is hoping to pressure his rivals on issues including joint military drills and international economic sanctions on North Korea.

I think that this is something we should be worried about because this could be a threat to the US, South Korea, Japan, ect. Many countries around the world have begun practice drills for North Korea's missiles. That alone just goes to show that this satellite is going to become a big threat.

What is your opinion on North Korea's satellite?

Do you think Nato should do something about it?

https://apnews.com/article/north-korea-kim-spy-satellite-1cfbe5a706d8d92da53cfdb9e810a21a

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree because as far as we know we haven't seen it do anything nor has north korea said anything more about it.

• I do not know where much about this topic so I cannot say too much about this topic. However, I do think that we should be worried because this could be a threat to many countries. I do think that NATO should be watching this to make sure nothing happens. 

• I think if we keep a close eye on it than I North Korea probably won't do much so yes I agree with you

• I don't really know if this is a bad thing, but I think that if it is a bad thing, there are many countries that can easily take it down. I personally think all we need to do is keep an eye on it, just to see if something bad comes of it, but I don't really know if it is that bad.

• I don't think that their satelite is that big of a deal for the U.S because the U.S. already has so many satilites that can monitor the North Korean satilte all the time. I think NATO should keep an eye on it. Even if North Korea does launch a missle, many western countries have weapons capable to take it down.

• I agree because just one North Korean satellite isn't going to be a huge threat.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker