New Stupid CDL Training

The new requirements for getting your CDL require you to complete trained courses. The new courses are not cheap, in fact they are very expensive. Prior to February 2022, the requirements were a few paper tests, and a driving test in a commercial vehicle. The new requirements are going to affect the supply shortage and impact large trucking companies. 

The new training can take anywhere from 3 weeks up to 6 months. On average it usually takes 7 weeks to complete the training. Most training cost $2,500-$8,500 whereas the old training all you had to pay was state fees. The new training also takes away the one on one with your instructor. 

I feel the new training has advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that we will have safer roads and safer truck drivers, but down the road it could really affect supply shortage. We are already in a shortage of truck drivers so the new requirements will not help. The disadvantages of the new requirements are that it is very costly and also very time consuming.

What is your opinion on the new requirements?

Do you think the new training will affect the supply shortage?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that the new requirements are stupid. You shuoldn't have to take up to 6 months of training. With the old training it didn't take near as long or cost as much. Having one on one with your instructor is good but with the new requirements that is hard to do. 

• I agree becuase the one on one with your instructor is very important.

• I think the new training will help new drivers getting their CDL be safer when driving. This will lead to drivers being more aware of their surroundings. Thus leading to less accidents and less deaths/injuries. But I think the new training will affect the supply chain and cause it to not be as quick. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker