Friday December 6 a gunman opened fire killing three people and seven others are injured.  The gunman was only using a handgun reducing the amount of people that could have possobly died.  Investtinates are supecting the gunman was from Saudi Arabia.  The text says, " “The government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims," Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., who says he has spoken to President Trump about the shooting, told reporters during a press conference Friday afternoon. "They are going to owe a debt here given that this is one of their individuals.”  This means that if the gunman was from Saudi Arabia the U.S.A. might have a big punishment for them.  I hope the injured recover and hopefully they find where the man was from.  Full story click here.

Do you think the gunman was from Saudi Arabia?

I think it's to early to assume it was them becasue it was just this morning and it would be a bad mistake if we just said it was them that sent the man over to the base because it make them not want to deal with us like with trades or any deals.

If it was them what do you think the punshment should be or if they should even get a punishment.

I thnk they should have a travel ban for a year or maybe the U.S. should stop trades for a year.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If he was acting the behalf of his country then they should have a punishment like sanctions or complete trade cut off. However, if he acted solely then I do not think that there should be a punishment on a country who could not have known what was going to happen.

• I agree I think that it is to early to assume that he was from Saudi Arabia, or if he acted alone or against the wishes of his nation. Since it was not that long ago I think that before we make any rash decisions.

• I agree with you. They should do more investigating before they decide that. I think they should punish them. They shouldn't be able to do things like that and get away with it.

• I think it's better to be safe than sorry and right now we cant be sure that the gunman is from Saudi Arabia. If somebody is falsely accused of something to this extended with this much on the line is could cause very bad things. As for punishment, I do also believe that a travel ban should be considered and possible even a trade ban. 

• I think that he is from Saudi Arabia and that he should be given the death penalty and diel for killing all of those people. I also think that the Saudi Government should have to pay for all of the damages because he is from that country.

• I think it is too early too decide too, but I think they are from around the area like the middle east like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, etc. but there is a strong chance he is because there have been many attacks from that part of the world. I think they should be added to the travel ban idea too because we need to figure out what the problem is with the terrorist and immigrants.

• I think the shooter could be from Saudi Arabia but I agree with you that you can't say where he is from because of how recent it happened. I don't think that there should be a punishment for the government because the country didn't make the person shoot anyone the shooter should get the punishment. 

• In response to the first question, I am assuming that the shooter was from Saudia Arabia because that is what was reported. Honestly, there is no way for us to know where the shooter was actually from because we do not have the right to investigate it ourselves. I also agree that there should be a travel ban for this person as well as this person going to jail for a long amount of time. This should never happen and Saudia Arabia should have to pay for their mistake and criminal activity. 

• I agree with you that it is definitely way to early to assume that the gunman is from Saudi Arabia. For all we know, they could have been from any country in the world. Who ever did this should have a punishment, and a travel ban could be a good start. 

• I guess I don't know enough about the case to make assumptions. Like you said, I think it is too early to assume where the shooter was from. I would need to know more about the shooter and why the police suspect he is from Saudi Arabia. This really is a cruel tragedy though, and it's really upsetting to hear about these shootings.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker