National FFA Week

This week is very special in FFA. It is National FFA Week! Every year, from Saturday to Saturday, during George Washington's birth week it is National FFA Week. George Washington had a huge impact on agriculture in America, so having National FFA Week during his birthday week is a huge tribute to him. This week is dedicated to celebrating FFA and raising awareness for agriculture education. There are over 950,000 members in FFA celebrating this week. I look forward to National FFA Week every year because I enjoy the dress-up days and fun activities in FFA. This week makes me proud to be an FFA member. 

What is FFA? FFA was originally short for “Future Farmers of America” They later changed the name to “the National FFA Organization” in 1988, because FFA is not just for people who want to be farmers. It is a club that anyone can join. One thing I like about FFA is that you can be as involved or not involved as much as you want. You can take part in contests, conferences, and many more. To be in FFA must be enrolled in an agriculture class, for at least one semester to participate in FFA. You can be in FFA and pursue any career you want. FFA is a great club if you want to be involved in agriculture. 

Why is agriculture education important? America relies so much on agriculture. Without agriculture what would we eat? Many people take for granted the food we eat. Some countries have poor soils and land that grow food for themselves. We are so lucky to live in a country that has great agriculture. It is so amazing that schools across the country have agriculture classes and teach about FFA. I am currently taking Ag:2 or Ag applications. We spend lots of time studying soil, working with plants, and studying Ag businesses.  

Sources 

https://www.ffa.org/about-us/what-is-ffa/ 

https://www.ffa.org/national-ffa-week/ 

https://www.ffa.org/ffa-history/ 

https://www.ffa.org/our-leadership/#:~:text=With%20more%20than%20945%2C988%20FFA,led%20organization%20in%20the%20nation. 

Questions 

Are you in FFA? 

If you aren't in FFA, would you ever join?  

What is your favorite thing about National FFA Week.   

(This is for extra credit.)

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am not in FFA and I don't plan on ever joining FFA. I don't think I would ever join FFA just because it is not a topic I am particularly interested in or would like to spend my free time on. I'm friends with a few people in FFA who thoroughly enjoy it but I don't think I would.

• I am not in FFA becuase I dont really care and or need it. I wouldnt join becuase I dont like it becuase of the topic. Favorite thing proba;y the kids driving their tractor to school ive seen a couple of videos of it, i found it pretty funny

• I am not in FFA I don't know if I would ever be. My older siblings were when I was younger and as I grew up I found some interest in those things but not as much as my siblings.  I don't find those things interesting but I admire people who do. 

• I am not in FFA I don't know if I would ever be. My older siblings were when I was younger and as I grew up I found some interest in those things but not as much as my siblings.  I don't find those things interesting but I admire people who do. 

• I am in FFA but I dont do all the activities or or the meetings. I am in an FFA class and I do all the activities. I personally don't think I would be in FFA if I wasn't a farmer. My favorite thing is when kids drive the tractors to school. even tho our school doesn't do it this week.

• I know that drive your tractor to school day is in march on national ag day.

• I am not in FFA and I don't plan on joining. FFA isn't the kind of thing I'm interested in but I do know lots of people that are in FFA and enjoy it. I don't really pay close attention to things that happen during National FFA week, but I do like the dress up days.

• I'm not in FFA I don't know if i'd ever join cause its just not something I'm really intrested in. My favorite thing about FFA week is all the people walking around in the fancy FFA outfits.

• the fancy outfits are called, Offical dress. I do enjoy wearing my offical dress, only durring ffa events, not durring school.

• I am not in FFA and I probably won't ever join because it wouldn't help me with the field im planning on going to. but I do think if I started doing FFA when I was younger or had more experience in it, it would be a lot of fun.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker