National FFA Week

This week is very special in FFA. It is National FFA Week! Every year, from Saturday to Saturday, during George Washington's birth week it is National FFA Week. George Washington had a huge impact on agriculture in America, so having National FFA Week during his birthday week is a huge tribute to him. This week is dedicated to celebrating FFA and raising awareness for agriculture education. There are over 950,000 members in FFA celebrating this week. I look forward to National FFA Week every year because I enjoy the dress-up days and fun activities in FFA. This week makes me proud to be an FFA member. 

What is FFA? FFA was originally short for “Future Farmers of America” They later changed the name to “the National FFA Organization” in 1988, because FFA is not just for people who want to be farmers. It is a club that anyone can join. One thing I like about FFA is that you can be as involved or not involved as much as you want. You can take part in contests, conferences, and many more. To be in FFA must be enrolled in an agriculture class, for at least one semester to participate in FFA. You can be in FFA and pursue any career you want. FFA is a great club if you want to be involved in agriculture. 

Why is agriculture education important? America relies so much on agriculture. Without agriculture what would we eat? Many people take for granted the food we eat. Some countries have poor soils and land that grow food for themselves. We are so lucky to live in a country that has great agriculture. It is so amazing that schools across the country have agriculture classes and teach about FFA. I am currently taking Ag:2 or Ag applications. We spend lots of time studying soil, working with plants, and studying Ag businesses.  

Sources 

https://www.ffa.org/about-us/what-is-ffa/ 

https://www.ffa.org/national-ffa-week/ 

https://www.ffa.org/ffa-history/ 

https://www.ffa.org/our-leadership/#:~:text=With%20more%20than%20945%2C988%20FFA,led%20organization%20in%20the%20nation. 

Questions 

Are you in FFA? 

If you aren't in FFA, would you ever join?  

What is your favorite thing about National FFA Week.   

(This is for extra credit.)

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• FFA is a very fun club to be in. I have lots of great memories of meeting people and going on trips. 

• I am not in FFA and wouldn't join becuase I'm not intrested in that field. My brother in middle school is in FFA and my dad thinks its a really cool organization, but I don't think he was ever in it.

• I think middle school ffa was pretty fun. I love that in highschool ffa you can get pretty involved.

• I am not in FFA and I don't think that I would ever join FFA. Personally, FFA isn't really my kind of thing, I also do not have enough time to actively be a part of it because of all my other activities. I think that FFA is a good organization for people that are interested in agriculture and things that FFA provides.

• I am not in FFA. I wouldn't join because I am not interested in AG things. Also, I don't think I would be very good at AG because I do not know very many things about AG. My favorite thing about National FFA Week is the dress-up ideas for very day of the week.  

• The ag classes are not very hard. They are full of fun activites that everyone can take part of.

• I'm not in FFA but I would join FFA it sounds fun to join. I don't have a favorite thing about it.

• I'm not in FFA and I don't think I would ever want to join because I'm not into a lot of Ag things. I didn't know that FFA week had anything to do with George Washington or how much he had to do with agriculture. I think the different dress up days is cool. 

• I am not in FFA, and I don't think I would join it because I'm not very interested in many agricultural things. I didn't know that George Washington was involved in FFA at all. I like the dress up days because it is fun for people to be involved in school events.

• I think it is pretty cool that National FFA week is durring George Washingtons birthday. It is a good tribute to our first president.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker