Nashville School Shooting Breakdown

On March 27th, a private christian school in Nashville Tennesee was attacked and an active shooter was in the building killing students and adults. 28 year old Audrey Hale shot fataly and killed 6 total people. 3 Children and 3 Staff members and adults were shot dead that day. Hale was originaly a student that went to school in Nashville and was transgender. Days before the shooting she had mapped up a perimeter and multiple maps and routes of the school to plan a deadly attack.

She entered the building around noon pulling up in her small grey car and entered by shooting out the glass from the front two doors. She had 3 weapons: a Kel-Tec Sub-2000, an AR Pistol, and an MP Sheild Pistol. Her rampage lasted around 14 minutes before she was shot dead on the second floor by officers. Before Hale went on her killing spree, she sent an instagram chat to someone saying she did not want to live anymore and what she was about to do will look bad without context; meaning she knew what she would do is a horrific crime that people that are mentally insane would commit.

So far, no motive has been confirmed but some people are hovering around the idea that she was transgender and recently passed laws in Tenessee that completely banned gender-affirming health care that are puberty blockers and will slow down hormones and did her terroristic acts as sort of a protest. The two officers who shot and killed Audrey Hale were praised by Drake, the head of police for taking down the threat immediately because if they waited any longer then it could have gotten way worse very fast. Even though some people tragically lost their life, the police did an outstanding job taking down the threat fast unlike some school shootings in the past like Uvalde which could have became way less lethal of a turnout. 

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSGIIrg-_c&t=140s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/29/us/nashville-tennessee-school-shooting-what-happened/index.html

What are your thoughts?

What do you think her motive was?

Have you heard about this yet?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think this was a terrible tragety. I also feel schools need to have better security. It is far to easy for people to shoot up a school. Also I feel they need better gun control. Its easy for people to get ahold of guns as well. Glad you did this topic. 

• In my opinion this is a very sad thing to happen and many people got affected by it. I think she did not like the fact that the law that banned gender-affirming health care and decided to take it against somebody but I can't imagine doing this and just being okay with it. I haven't heard about this story yet.

• I think people are sick if they even think about shooting up a school. I think she or whatever she was is mad that Tennese is changing laws that transgenders are gonna ban kids that are 18 below to not take transgender things. I have heard about this and it is sick.

• Yes, I heard about this school shooting last week. I think that it is horrible. I don't want to imagine what the family members or school members must be going through right now. I think that it is very sad that there are so many (school) shootings. Maybe her motive was related to the new transgender laws. 

• I have not heard about this story. It's just sad thinking about what people put other people through just because they disagree with their life. I don't understand how you can go into your past school and shoot people and be okay with it. I'm assuming she just did not want to live anymore and didn't agree with her life, which made her want to do something to take her challenges away from her. She probably has some type of mental issues that she was also struggling with and couldn't get help. I bet she just could not hold herself through all the pain and had to do something harmful which is very unfortunate to think about. 

• This is information that is new to me and it is very sad nobody deserved to get shot like they did. Nobody deserves to have to go through the pain of losing someone like this and it pains me to think that people can be so mentally unstable and commit horrible crimes that harm others physically and mentally. I think that her motive definitely had something to do with the new laws that were passed in Tennessee she could’ve been trying to transition but then was unable to due to the new laws. She could’ve also had a hard time at that school it being a Christian school that might not be very accepting of her transitioning and somehow wanting “revenge” to get back at them.

• I had not heard about this but I think that it is insane for people to no longer want to live and for their reaction to these feelings to be to kill people. Taking innocent lives just because you no longer want yours is messed up in my mind. I am not sure what her motive was but it probably got a lot of attention which is one thing she might have been hoping for.

• I think that she had to of had some type of mental issues because she knew what she was doing. I'm sure her motive was from all the potential bullying she got for being trans because typically private schools don't have many students like that. All in all, if you want to die you shouldn't kill other people with you.

• I think that she was very mentally ill, she clearly knew what she was doing before she did it. Transgender people should not be recognized different than normal boys and girls. If people want to identify different or be different than normal, they should not shove it in other people's faces.

• I personally think that if you go into a school and think its right for you to kill innocent kids and adults that even if you have a mental illness that you should either be put on death row or be put in the chair, people that do not deserve to walk on earth. I think that she wanted to change her gender but she was to young witch it true you should not be able to change your gender at a young age. Witch tennessee belives it right. I have not heard anything about the shooting.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker