There is no age limit to sign up for the olympics. People think it is impressive to be in the olympics before you can vote or after you have had children. The average age of people representing Team USA in the 2018 Olympics averages at 26.5. 

Twenty two years seperate the youngest and oldest US Olympuans competing in Peyeongchang. Figure Skater Vincent Zhou is 17 and men's hockey captain Brian Gionta is 39.  Zhou won the silver metal at the 2017 US Figure Skating Championships. Gionta's first olympic experince was duing 2006 in Torino, Italy. 

Physiological Reasons suggest performance declines as athletes get older, yet competative advanges can be found on either side of the age spectrum. People have said that, "Younger athletes have the advantage of a faster physical recovery, but they they tend to be more inexperienced.

Read more

Questions:

What would you do if you where 17 going into the Olympics?

I mean it would be an honor, but I mean your seventeen. This would be so much pressure, and you would have to spend so much time practicing. This would take away from your social life. You would have to be very dedicated.

What is the best part of the Olympics?

I personally do not find the Olympics entertaining, but I like watching the Skating during the winter and the sequinizing swiming in the summer. I do not have a liking to much else.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your summary is well done but you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 20 points.

• I would be proud of myself to be the youngest in the Winter Olympics, but there would be a lot of pressure on you so I would be nervous, but mostly proud. I like the ice skating and the snowboarding it is fun to watch.

•  Invite my family and friends to the olympics and practice a lot. The best part of the olympics would probably be figure skating and swimming. If I was in the olumpics I would  be very nervous as well. 

• i would love to go to the olympics that would be a big honor and it would be fun but you would have to train  hard to make it  the best par t of the olympics in my opinnion would have to be ether the wimming or the basketball 

• Of course, there would be a lot of pressure on you, But I think it would be a great experience. The only thing that I'm not sure about; it's a huge competition between a lot of countries and most of the people probably won't see it as just a fun experience.

I don't watch the olymipcs so I can't say that a particular sport is my favorite. I don know the opening though; and I really like it.

• I would be really happy to serve for the usa in the olympics it would be so cool. I personally would go do maybe swiming or maybe even soccor because I really like soccor and maybe even volleyball. 

• I would go crazy if I was 17 and going into the Olympics. Everyone from my hometown and family would freak out since I was able to make it. The pressure would be a lot since people wouldn't think you'd do so good being so young. I think the best part of the Olympics is doing something that you love and representing your country.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker