Man Shoots Brother When Mistaken For a Deer

December 6th was the opening day for muzzle loader season in Michigan for deer. The night of December 6th a man and his brother were hunting deer. After one beleived that he had shot a deer he went looking for the deer. One brother looked in one spot the other looked a different place. The 29 year old brother shot what he thought looked like the deer. After he realized he had shot his brother he called 911 and helped the brother that had been shot out of the feild and to the first responders. He was then flown to a hospital in stable condition. 

1) What should happen to prevent this from happening again? I think we need to always make sure we wear orange when hunting and make sure you confirm that it is a deer.

2)Do you think the brother that shot the other brother should face any serious punishment? I think he might need to go to a hunting course again but from the sounds of it he in no way meant to do that.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-man-shoots-brother-mistaking-hurt-deer/story?id=67089387&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_twopack_image

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I to agree to the bright colors so when people are hunting they know whether it is a deer to shoot at. I don't really think he should have any punishment because it was an accident but on the other hand he should look before shooting and definitely go back to a hunting course. 

• I agree and I also dont think he did it on purpose they just got lucky this time and that the guy is still alive but this could have easilt gone very bad and then whos at fault when that happens thats why I think this is a problem.

• I completely agree with you Eli. I also believe that the best way to avoid shooting another person when hunting would be by wearing an orange vest all of the time.  I feel like it would be very hard to take extra time to really look before you would miss an animal. I am, however, wondering how he managed to shoot a person instead, he has to have a deeper issue. Was it dark outside or did it just happen during the day? I do not believe that he should face any serious punishment, but I do agree that maybe he should need to retake the hunters course. 

• I agree with you and that is the reason they made orange vest is to protect people from this happening again and it is their job to make sure they wear it. I think their should even be a law about wearing the vest to make sure everyone wears them.

• That is what I believe. When you go out hunting, you should make sure you have the right colors on. I think if they were dressed in the right colors they wouldn't of had this problem. I also think that it would be kinda hard to mistake a human for a deer. When im hunting I can clearly see this difference in the two.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker