Man Kidnaps and Strands Women With Special Needs

John Chapman of Pennsylvania has been accused of kidnapping Jaime Faden, a woman with special needs. The two met at a school for students with special needs, and Chapman would stay with her at her home in Bethel Park. John promised Faden a desert photo shoot, so the two drove from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas. When they got to the desert, he tied her to a sign post and duct taped her nose and mouth causing her to suffocate and die. Chapman reached out to Fadens family through her Facebook messenger account, making them believe it was her. Chapmans wife admitted he had told her that he had killed Faden. He has been charged with kidnapping, obstruction, and a few other crimes but he was not charged with Homicide. 

To read more click here

Why do you think he reached out to her family pretending to be her?

I think he also has a mental illness which probably explains why he killed her and reached out to her family afterward.

Do you think he should be charged with a homicide? Why or why not?

I think he should be charged with a homicide because he tied her up knowing she was going to die.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Im guessing he didn't want them to worry where she was so he pretended to be her they wouldent worry and call the cops because they might have thought she was missing. Yes I do think he should be charged with homicide he murdered that poor girl and I think he should be put in a mental hospital not prison caue this man clearly needs help.

• I also was thinking that. I mean if were were in the girls family's shoes we would of got concerned. Having not heard from your daughter for days. He does need to find some help, because maybe he didn't know better. But I feel like the parents maybe shouldn't of let her go alone.

• I agree, if her family thought she was doing well there would be less people who would be suspicious of her being missing for a long time. I agree, he led her out there knowing she had problems and that she would follow him then he left her to die.

• I think it is terrible what happened to this girl and that she is now dead, I think it was very strange how he reached out to her family pretending to be her lI don't know why he would have done that. I also agree with you that he should be charged with homicide because like you said he she knew he was going to die when he tided her to the sign. 

• I think he most likely has a mental illness as well which probaby caused him to feel the need to reach out to her family.

• To cover it up and make it seem she was okay and to not worry about her. This is what a lot of killers do to cover themselves up and to stop the family from worrying and looking for their family member. I believe he should be charged. Not only did kidnap her, he also tied her up and duct taped her mouth and nose shut. Everyone knows those are the only ways you can breathe so it was by no means a accident. Theres also no accident in tying someone up. 

• Yes I agree, he was trying to cover himself up by pretending to be her and telling the family that she was ok and makig them believe it. Eventhough he might not have shot her or stabbed her he knew she would die by suffocating so he did kill her.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree, he probably has something messed up in his head that made him want to mess with the family by making them believe that she was alive. I am not sure how they didn't charge him with  homicide because he tied her uo and made her suffocate.

• I think he also has something wrong with him which is probably why he killed and reached out to the family after he did it. I think he should be charged with Homicide because unless in court it shows he had a disability or something else wrong with him 

• I agree, nobody in the right mind would do this to someone especially if they knew that the person had special needs.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker