Man Kidnaps and Strands Women With Special Needs

John Chapman of Pennsylvania has been accused of kidnapping Jaime Faden, a woman with special needs. The two met at a school for students with special needs, and Chapman would stay with her at her home in Bethel Park. John promised Faden a desert photo shoot, so the two drove from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas. When they got to the desert, he tied her to a sign post and duct taped her nose and mouth causing her to suffocate and die. Chapman reached out to Fadens family through her Facebook messenger account, making them believe it was her. Chapmans wife admitted he had told her that he had killed Faden. He has been charged with kidnapping, obstruction, and a few other crimes but he was not charged with Homicide. 

To read more click here

Why do you think he reached out to her family pretending to be her?

I think he also has a mental illness which probably explains why he killed her and reached out to her family afterward.

Do you think he should be charged with a homicide? Why or why not?

I think he should be charged with a homicide because he tied her up knowing she was going to die.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yea I agree, hsi was probably just buying himself time eventhough he admitted that he killed her to his wife.

• I think he reached out to the family to make sure they weren't worried about her and that everything was fine. I think he definitely should be charged with homicide because he tied her up and put duct tape over her mouth causing her to die. He caused the death and he should be held accountable.

• I agree, he knew she would die out there so it was his fault.

• That what I was assuming. If I were her parents I would of got concerned if I didnt hear from my daughter after so long. I also agree that he should be charged with homicide, I dont know how he wouldn't. He is the only reason she died.

• I agree I think he  has somthing wrong, because most people would try to run away but he just told her family what happend. I think he should be charged because even if you have somthing wrong u cant just kill sombody.

• I agree, he knew she was going to die out there but he left her anyay. He is not like most murderers who would usually try to run away.

• I feel like he reached out to the family to not gain Suspicion of the death of their daughter but felt bad for them so told them the truth. I feel like he should be charged with homicide because he knew full well that would kill her but didn't care about her.

• That could be possible the fact that he told his wife might show that he felt guilty for what he had done, but he he never actually told her family.

• I agree with you completely, He definitly had something wrong with him. He should get charged, with a lot more than that though, if he kidnapped her too.

• Yes I agree he basically murdered her because when he left her out there he knew she was going to die, so he should be charged with a homicide.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker