Man Kidnaps and Strands Women With Special Needs

John Chapman of Pennsylvania has been accused of kidnapping Jaime Faden, a woman with special needs. The two met at a school for students with special needs, and Chapman would stay with her at her home in Bethel Park. John promised Faden a desert photo shoot, so the two drove from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas. When they got to the desert, he tied her to a sign post and duct taped her nose and mouth causing her to suffocate and die. Chapman reached out to Fadens family through her Facebook messenger account, making them believe it was her. Chapmans wife admitted he had told her that he had killed Faden. He has been charged with kidnapping, obstruction, and a few other crimes but he was not charged with Homicide. 

To read more click here

Why do you think he reached out to her family pretending to be her?

I think he also has a mental illness which probably explains why he killed her and reached out to her family afterward.

Do you think he should be charged with a homicide? Why or why not?

I think he should be charged with a homicide because he tied her up knowing she was going to die.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree, I think mental illness was a big reason for this. I think his wife admitting that he had told her is enough to get him charged.

• I think he wanted to help and try to make everyone believe it wasn't him by telling her parents because usually when things like this happens, they try and cove rup by telling people the wrong story. I think he should be charged with homicide and I think he should have life in prison. 

• Yea he was just trying to make everyone think that everything was normal and that there was nothing wrong with her.

• He probably did it to cover his tracks and make himself look innocent. I think he should be charged with murder, since he probably planned to kill her. He tied her up and knew that she was going to die.

• I agree, he knew he was guilty and he was just trying to cover his tracks and make himself look innocent.

• He probably did it to make an alibi for himself, if he didn't look suspicious because "she" cleared him, then he wouldn't be as likely as a suspect. He should definitely be charged with a homicide, he taped her mouth and nose on purpose, his intent was likely to kill her. 

• I agree, he was just trying to make his situation better and make himself look less suspicious.

• i think he reached out to her famley, so the family new she was ok. i think he should be charged with homicide becuse he had it all planned before he killed her. i think his plans were to pick her up from school or were ever it was and kidnap her. driver her to the middle of a desert and leaver for dead. so yeah i think he should be charged with homicide.

• Yea I agree, he most likely knew what he was going to do beforehand and I agree he probably contacted them to make them think she was ok.

• I think he reached out to her family in so they knew she was doing okay. If her family wouldn't of got a texted they may have got worried from not hearing from her. I can also see how the mental illness could portray a part in it as well.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker