kidnappings over spring break

Four Americnas were on spring break vacation when it took a very deadly turn. They were on their way to the city of Matamoros, Mexico. When they were first entering the city of Matamoros there was a very deadly shooting.  “All four Americans were placed in a vehicle and taken from the scene by armed men,” the FBI said. The bureau is offering a $50,000 reward for the victims’ return and the arrest of the kidnappers.

So far there has only been two of the four Americans found dead. A video was posted on social media showing men with assault rifles and tan body armor. Loading the four missing college kids onto the bed of a white pickup during the day so everyone could see. Only one seems to be alive and sitting up. The others looked either dead or very wounded. Only one person was able to lift his head from the pavement before being dragged to the truck.

However, One woman claims she saw the whole abduction. She said she saw the kids get thrown into the bed of a white truck. But she claims only 2 were alive at the time and the other 2 were dead being dragged on the ground to the truck. Once the news came back to Biden he tried making an agreement with the Mexican president but it didn't work well. After being held captive for many days the 2 students were finally found. They were unharmed and healthy. They are still in too much shock to explain what happened to the other 2. 

Video shows 4 Americans kidnapped in Mexico after shootout

If you go on vacation during spring break whould you go to mexico after this story?

Why do you think they didnt kill all of them?

Do you think the women actually witnessed it all?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Stories like this just do not lead to good discussion. Your summary is good though. Be sure to sapitialize key words in your title. You didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.  Postged a bit late.  +5

• I wouldn't go to any place in Mexico personally even if this story hadn't came out. There is a lot of crime and "behind the back" deals happening with their government and political leaders. I think they wouldn't have killed any of them if they didn't have to it's just not human nature even if they are kidnappers. I do not know enough about the woman who witnessed it to give my own opionion. 

• I would still go to mexico for spring break if I had the option I just wouldn't go anywhere alone. I don't know what I think about them not killing all four of the college students. Yes, I think the woman probably did witness it all since it was in daylight and there are other cars and buildings around everywhere. 

• I would still go to mexico after the story because I have been to mexico befor and I have never felt unsafe. I dont think they killed any of them because they probaly dont want to get in that much trouble. I think the woman witnessed it all.

• I think that when it comes to mexico we americans think that mexico is a safe place to just wonder around. Mexico in reality is a very dangours place to be at if youre npot from their. My advice is to stay on the resort and don't go to the cities without a guide cause things like this happen all the time.

• I personally wouldn't go after hearing this, let alone before hearing this, because it's so far away from home and Mexico can be really unsafe especially since there is a lot of sex trafficking cases based in mexico. I haven't heard a lot about this story so Im unsure why they weren't killed and if the women actually witnessed it.

• I don't really have any interest in going to Mexico at all. Unless I went to a really nice resort, I wouldn't go to mexico because it doesn't seem very nice. Also, I don't know much about this story, so I don't know why none of them were killed. But, I don't know if the women actually witnessed all of it.

• No, I don't think I would've went to Mexico in the first place. I've already heard many stories on why you shouldn't go to certain parts of Mexico as a tourist. Maybe if It was more of a family vacation and we were in the safe parts of Mexico I would go. I am a little curious why they only killed 2 of them. It was probably to sell them off to someone else which is also horrible. 

• There are parts of Mexico that I would not go to for a spring break. There happen to be a large amount of stories similar to this one and it's really sad. No one truly knows the motive behind these abductions and why they only killed 2 of them. 

• I don't think I would be able to go on vacation after hearing this story. I think that they didn't kill all of them so then the story can come back to us. Maybe they think that we will be afraid of them after the things they did. I don't reallly know if the woman actually witnessed it. There is just not enough information to tell.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker