Junk food

We all know that junk food isn't necessarily good for you. There's a reason they call it “junk” right? A new study suggests that eating food full of chemicals and high in fat, sodium and sugar may also reduce your interest in eating healthier foods.

They new study involved two groups of rats that were called chow and cafeteria. The scientists fed both groups plain rat food, but the group “cafeteria” also got an additional access to highly processed human foods. Their diet included cookies, cakes and meat pies. The rats liked it, so much so that after two weeks the scientists noticed the rats that were eating junk food lost their desire to eat anything else. So, they pretty much became junk food addicts. Their bodies stopped responding to the normal impulse to have a more balanced diet.

Does this change you thoughts on junk food? Why or why not?

Junk food

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I totally agree miguel.. As long as you eat a little bit healthy and get at least some exercise you will be okay! 

• No Junk Food is awesome and it will always be awesome it taste better than healthy things

• it does change my mind about junk food but i would get tired of eating all the sugar and grease so i would get sick and want to eat something healthier.

• All of these are good thoughts. It personally wouldn't really change my thoughts on junk food but, I could eat healthier. What are some ways that we could make eat healthier? 

• I feel like you can eat some junk food if you still work out and eat other foods besides just junk food. It does not change my thoughts. 

• No, as long as you junk food isn't like the main stuff you're eating, I don't consider it a problem. As long as you don't have too much of it!

• You have to know your limit and as long as you stay active as a young adult its near impossible to become fat due to high metabolism 

• No, this does not change my mind on junk food. I think that junk food isn't addicting if you watch how much you eat. If you only eat junk food, then I see how it can be addicting. 

• No. If you don't eat it all the time, then you won't get addicted in my opinion. If you eat a balanced diet, then you won't lose your desire to eat healthy food. but its your own personal choice.

• Sadly no because it is so good and you really can't get away from junk food at all even if you tried. That is what America is imaged as, is a fat and lazy country.
This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker