Is The Internet Making Us Stuipd?

In my opinion it is the internet making us stupid because there are more people that rely on the internet than books. I think that the Internet has reduced our ability to focus changed how our memory functions promoted skimming text over deep critical reading and changed how we interact with people. There are more people out in the world that rely on the internet then books. I think that people use the internet too much and rely on it. There are books out there that can help you figure out your problem instead of using the internet. The Internet has destroyed our ability to focus on and satisfactorily complete one task at a time. I think that the internet is way easier to complete a task then using a book even though using a book takes more time then using the internet is way easier to look something up. I also think that using the internet is taking over more jobs because there are some jobs that you can work from home and not even go into and work in the office. The internet has provided access to people in a way we have never before experience Information that was once accessed through print materials that were not available to everyone and often out of date. The internet took over so much when coivd was around because at the school people used the internet to do online learning. Out on the internet there are a lot of websites that are not reliable. In my opinion there are too many people that rely on the internet.

Do you think the internet is making us stuipd?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that internet is encouraging more laziness on us and can eventually make some people more stupid. In my opinion it all depends in how people use it and how much people rely on it. The Internet can have very good things but can also be negative sometimes. 

• I don't think the internet is making us stupid, but I do think it is making us lazy, which in the long run could make future generations more stupid.  There are different apps and online sites that I could go to, to take a picture and it counts things for me. Is it more time efficient, yes, but am I being lazy, also yes

• I do not believe that the internet is making us stupid. While there are things about the internet that can make us stupid, the internet as a whole does not make us stupid. We can really learn a lot from the internet in an efficient way, they used to have to carry books around and learn from those, now we have super computers that can do whatever we want at the click of a button.

• I don’t think that the internet is making us stupid. People can actually learn a lot from the internet. Some classes have a lot of stuff that you have to do on the computer. Most people use the internet for youtube and stuff that doesn't make us stupid it just makes us really lazy.

• I think that the internent is having a bad influence on many people. It can be useful in some situations but also harmful as well. I think the internet is making us more lazy than stupid, it is easy to just go to the internet for things and get stuck on electronics and not be productive. 

• I think the internet makes people stupid. You can see people being stupid all over Tik Tok, intagram, Facebook, etc. While the internet is very useful in many ways, these social media apps are making people brain-dead. Kids mostly because they just sit there on their phone and scroll for hours when they are bored.

• Yes, i think the internet is making us stupid and very lazy. Some people may think it can be good for learning purposes which it is but it also makes people lose their creativness and makes most kids follow the crowd and act as the rest of the world does.

• I would say that there are many positives and negatives to the internet. The internet can actually teach us new things that are nice to know but also the internet can have really unecassary things on it. It can also teach us things that we do not need to know at all and could make us think things that aren't true.

•  Personally, I don't think that stupid would be the correct word, more as lazy. Because we are actually very smart for inventing the internet and are able to function it. If anything, the internet is making us smarter and smarter as the days go on.

• I would not say that the internet is making us stupid as much as it is making us lazy. Although there are many untruthful things that are on the internet, it is a helpful tool and can be a good source of entertainment. I do believe that our society relies on it a little too much though.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker