Is technology eliminating jobs?

People say that technology is eliminating jobs. What do you guys think? I think that technology is taking over jobs. Robots are going to be the new workers.

People predict that automation with displace 20 million manufacturing jobs. People also approve of robots taking over their jobs even though some jobs are dangerous or really unhealthy for robots to work. There are more that 3 million robots working since 2020. The percent goes up 10% every year. China has the most robots working for humans at their jobs. If robots start taking over then you won't have money to take care of yourself or others that are in need.

Robots won't always be able to understand what you're saying. If you have a talking disability the robots won't understand you but humans that you have been around will understand those people. How are you supposed to get your food if you order it to go and the robots are only working? Who's gonna give you you're food because the robots won't be able to get to you. I don't think that robots should be working because they won't be good workers.

Questions:

Do you think technology is eliminating jobs?

How can we stop this from happening?

Do you think having a robot for a job would be useful in any way?

Sources

https://builtin.com/artificial-intelligence/ai-replacing-jobs-creating-jobs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/robots-could-take-over-20-million-jobs-by-2030-study-claims.html

https://studyfinds.org/replaced-by-a-robot-automation/

https://www.zippia.com/advice/automation-and-job-loss-statistics/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think technology if defenetly eliminating jobs and in my oppinion i think things should not be like that because there are many many people out there unemployeed and they just cant find a job because theres  robbots taking their job. Robbots might be helpfull at times but people need a job and technology its just taking over.

• yes, i think that technology is taking over a lot of jobs. We can try to stop this from happening by stepping up and volunteer to work at places like this. i think robots are very useful overtime. Like lifting very heavy boxs or anything heavy. They are also useful for making parts for like cars and stuff like that.

• I think technology is eliminating jobs. Having a robot as an employee may be helpful sometimes.  However, it's not the most efficient. People going out and applying for jobs can help prevent robots from taking our place. 

• I dont think robots are eliminating jobs but I do think robots are useful for a lot of companies. They make production much fast but theres also a lot more jobs that I think people would be better at doing. I think technology has helped jobs to since working from home has became much more popular. 

• Technology is definitely taking away peoples jobs. Look at factory workers in places like China and the US, overtime manufacturing has been taken over by machines and tech. Im not saying this is a bad thing, however if gone this can go way too far.

• I personally think that robots themselves aren't taking people's jobs but, I do think that technology is definitely taking jobs. With technology improving, they are finding better and cheaper ways to produce things. So, in theory, they are  eliminating people's jobs.

• I do think technology is eliminating jobs. I think that we can't really stop this from happening because technology is evolving. I think that robots might be useful in jobs that are hard to do or that can be harmful in any way, but it would be weird seeing them do it. Since it's technology they can't understand humans in general, so it would be hard to work with them.

•  I think that  robots aren't taking jobs away because humans are more useful than robots in hundreds of ways. the robots won't understand people unless programmed to. . I think we can't stop this from happening because technologies is just going to keep advancing and advancing 

• I think that robots aren't taking jobs away because humans are more useful than robots in hundreds of ways. The self checkout isles in supermarkets aren't from robots taking over, but they are just the products of lazy humans or just no one wanting the job. Having a robot for jobs is a horrible idea, if a robot was going to drive a semi around the state of Iowa the yearly death by car crash would skyrocket.

• I don't think that technology is getting rid of the jobs bc someone can work online but with the robots and stuff it is taking jobs away. We can stop this from happening by not making robots do jobs. In some jobs sure but most people are short staffed or people are unemployed. It would be good for the jobs short staffed but not for the people if they are struggling to find jobs in the first place.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker