Is School to Stressful for Students?

Many students would agree with me that school can be very stressful. The teachers are constantly pushing us to do homework and school work. A lot of students have other activities after school like work, sports or chores and they do not have time to do homework. When a student falls behind on homework they fall behind in class and that can cause a lot of stress. 

Today 10.2 million students in America are involved in extracurricular activities. I think teachers should be less strict with their students and it could take off a lot of stress. School mainly stresses teen students the most. The Washington Post states “U.S. teenagers report feeling more stressed-out than adults do, with school being a main cause…” Some students can get so stressed that it becomes unhealthy and it can cause anxiety and depression. 

I think that if teachers are less strict and will be a little bit more understanding it would be better for the students. It will cause the students to be less stressed and improve their learning ability and heatlh. 

Do you agree that school is too stressful for students? 

Do you think teachers should be more understanding? 

What are some things that would help make school less stressful? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/stressed-out-teens-with-school-a-main-cause/2014/02/14/d3b8ab56-9425-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html 

https://www.afterschoolalliance.org/documents/AA3PM-2014/AA3PM_Key_Findings.pdf

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'd like to have time to myself outside of schoolwork. Sometimes I feel like teachers don't take into account that we have other classes. We don't want to spend our time at home doing work that you should've given us time to do in class. If you didn't finish something then yeah understandable but I know for like geometry we get 5 minutes of work time in class for our mathXL's like no. 

• In my opinion many things in life are stressful. But if it really matters to you, I think that you should be able to adapt to it. I think that schoolwork and just school in general can be quite stressful and sometimes even the people. I feel like teachers here in Harlan are very understanding, they offer you countless opportunities to get your work done. I think that something that might help some students handle stress might be taking breaks throughout the school day.

• Yes, school can be a stressful place because you might have a test or homework that you have to complete. Fridays are hard for me becasue i have at least 2 test and a lot of assignments are due fridays. I do manage my time by doing my homework in study hall, but not everyone has a study hall

• I think the teachers need to understand how busy some students are after school. They aslo need to be more understanding when a student has a problem with the work they are giving them. They need to understand that not all students can just learn it as easy as some of the other students. 

• I agree because not all students are able to understand every assignment right away and they need extra help.

• I think teachers could be more understanding on homework if the student has a real reason they couldn't do it. I also think that students make school more stressful for themselves. Student try to worry about getting that perfect A. If you get a bad grade here and there, they can just let it go and don't stress about it. However, it may be hard for the student to do that if the teachers and administration is pushing them to have those perfect scores.

• I think teachers are starting to understand just how busy students are after school, and are a lot more lenient with homework. I think school can get stressful when I have homework and tests piling up with no time to do school work. I think if we had more time to work on school stuff I would be a little less stressed.

• School is very stressful, sometimes it isn't too bad but there is always constant stress of is the homework I need to do. The test days are the worse I have studied and I feel like I am gonna do badly which makes my stress level go through the roof. 

• School is 100 percent stressful in a lot of areas, with test, grades, information, just having to remembe rso many things in diffrent calsses. and with having multiple big test in one day all of these thigns can lead up to being out of control. Something that might make school less stressful is having plenty of time to prepar and even maybe making so test will always happen on diffrent days.

• Giving students time to prepare would definetly help reduce stress.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker