Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think Netflx is definently becoming less popular than other streaming services. Other streaming services have better movies and shows than Netflix. I do use Netflix, but it's not everyday. I don't really have that much free time to watch movies or shows.

• I agree that other services now have better movies and shows.

• I think that Netflix has become less popular over the years. I still have Netflix, but I don't watch it near as much as I used to. With streaming services such as Hulu and Peacock, I feel like those services have better options for both shows and movies, so I watch them a lot more than Netflix.

• I still have Netflix too but it's no longer my go-to streaming service.

• I think that it has become less popular. I am not sure if it has really gone downhill, but it hasn't continued going up which makes it seem like it has gone downhill becuase everything all around it has continued to go up. I still use Netflix but not often because I have other places I can watch other movies. But if one plave has what I want to watch then that is the streaming service I use.

• I agree that the rise in competition plays a huge part, but them removing movies and shows is where they are going downhill.

• Netlfix is becoming less popular because they remove fantasitic movies or series from their platform. They are doing this to themselves. There are also better streaming services that update their content. I don't use netflix at all anymore.

• I agree that them removing things is playing a huge part.

• Personally I do think that Netflix is becoming less popular. Nowadays, there are many more platforms to watch movies and shows. I think that the problem with Netflix is that they don't really have enough for a lot of shows and movies. They do have shows, but I think that they need to have more movie and show options.

• I agree that they don't have enough movies and shows anymore.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker