Is Math the most important subject?

Over the past few years, people have been debating whether or not math is the most important subject in school. Most people argue that math is more important than any other subject because of the fact that it is used in almost everything you do. I agree with what most people think because Math can help you and is used in everyday life and in all careers that you can go into from construction to being a doctor.

According to a study at Stanford University, students with a high level of math skills have better decision making and give better visual attention. Since your math and decision making skills are associated with the same part of the brain. In short, this study tells you that math is good for your brain as a whole. Also, math can help you better your life skills such as budgeting, furniture building, and telling time.

Next, math can also help you with your cooking skills and obviously those are needed especially if you live alone or are in college. It can also help your problem solving skills and critical thinking. Because it helps you identify problems and helps you find the best way to solve them. Finally, as a whole, I would say that math is the most important subject due to the fact that it helps you better in everything.

Do you think math is the most important?

What is the most important subject?

https://www.mathnasium.com/steinerranch/news/5-reasons-math-important#:~:text=Math%20increases%20your%20problem%2Dsolving,other%20areas%20of%20your%20life. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think math and English are the most important. You need to know English well so you can comprehend things people write or say. You also need basic math skills to survive in our world. Therefore, I do not think one of those is the most important, we need both of them to survive in today's world.

• Math is important because it can be tied into almost every other subject. I think personal finance is the most important because when someone graduates from highschool, it is essential they know how to deal with money. Math is a major factor in personal finance, though, so maybe it is the most important subject.

• I agree personal finance is a very important subject and something you need to learn. Yet I think math is just a much broader part of personal finance since personal finance is math driven.

• I think math is definitely one of the most important subjects out of all that are taught. Personally, I wouldn’t say it is the most important subject. I think english is the most important subject especially when kids are younger as that's when they learn to read and write.

• I feel like basic maths skills are important, like division, fractions, etc. But higher-level math isn't important, especially if you are going into a field that doesn't require it. I feel like it depends on what you want to do. Math is more important to some than others. For me and the field I want to go into, math isn't as important.

• Math is a very important subject, but I'm not quite sure it's the most important. I think it depends a lot on what you want to do after high school, everyone wants something different and each one uses one subject more than others.

• I think that math is an important subject to teach, but it's the most important. It all depends on what you will be doing for a job after high school. Personally, I will be welding, will taking Alg 2 help me with that? no, it won't, but will Welding help me the most? Probably 

• I can see why you think that and I agree it does depend on what you will be doing after you graduate from high school. But, math is involved in almost if not all careers.

• I agree that math is a very important subject to teach in high school but I don't think it is the most important one. There is many subjects as important as math. I think the most important subject dependends in what is each student focused on doing in the future. For some it might be math but for some may not.

• No, I do not think they you should have to do geometry or alg 2 or anything it is a waste of time and we will never need it in life.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker