Is allowing student to play games at school a good idea

Some say they provide experiential learning for the students that play games. Doing so teaches students relative skills more suited to the era. One such skill is creative problem solving which is the best for the future workplaces , according to the organization for economic co-operation and development. Games where students solve math problems in a fantasy environment, can help students master skills such as critical thinking.

Others may say that playing video games messes with people's sleep schedule or job/school work, then you’d much rather have to take a step back and reschedule your time limits. Some people worry about the health issues that come with playing games too much like damaged eyesight, lack of exercise, violent tendencies, even seizures.

I personally think that allowing kids the freedom to play games is a great idea. I feel like if students are allowed to play games they would be more focused when they are in class.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/learning/what-students-are-saying-about-video-game-limits-parental-involvement-in-dating-and-road-trips.html

https://today.tamu.edu/2021/09/06/5-reasons-video-games-should-be-more-widely-used-in-school/

Do you believe that games should be allowed in school?

Do you think that games should only be limited to home?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think games should be allowed because some students are done with all their stuff and are just bored so they play games. The kids that play games through class and end up failing the test know its their fault for playing games all class. 

• I think students should be able to play games at school but only if they have all their stuff done. Also I think at home students should be able to play games. It lets them relax and just for a moment not to think about school.

• I do think that students should be allowed to play games in school if it isn't distracting or taking away from their learning. If students who play games begin to do poorly on tests or homework it is their responsibility to listen better or stop playing games as a whole. Students should have a choice as to if they want to or not. 

• I think that students should be able to play games in school if they arn't busy working on anything else or learning. I feel like if students do bad on a test or something because they weren't paying attention in class then its their fault. 

• i feel that games should be allowed in schools. if students have free time in school they should be able to play games during that free time and if they arent doing anyhting in class they should beable to play games in class. i dont think that they should limit games to home.

• I think that students should be allowed to play games at school if they don't have anything else to do. I can see that it can be a distraction during class, but some classes can be very boring. I feel like students should be responsible enough to decide when they have to pay attention during class and when not.

• I heard that places like google in bigger cities, will pay their workers to play video games. And they say that it really helps them concentrate and get work done better. Especially as a stress reliever from work. I think it would be beneficial to workplaces and schools for everyone. 

• I personally think that students should be givien permission to play games or be on elctronics while there is no teachign going on in class at the time. I do not think coulds should ony be allowed to play games at home, either way this should be allowed in school.

• I think kids should play games whenever teachers give them permissino to or during breaks. If they don't do it when the teacher gives them permission to it can cause them distraction and being behind with school work. I think they should unlock all games so students can play them at home when they want to. 

• Yes, because it will give kids breaks during class when it has been long day. No, I think they should unblock all games on the computer and let us play only certain times because they dont want it to get into classwork.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker