Is Alex Murdaugh Guilty?

Alex Murdaugh is a 54-year-old lawyer. He and his family lived in a little town called Islandton in South Carolina. He had 2 sons Buster and Paul, who had died. The Murdaughs basically controlled the town and had it their way, because of their last name and the money that they had. They had multiple properties in the town and their kids were well-known throughout the county.

Buster is the older son and he was a pretty good kid, and Paul was the youngest and he got into some trouble while growing up. Some weird things happened when Paul would get in trouble. He would first tell everyone not to call the police and he would immediately call his grandpa and his dad. There were some small things that had happened that he would do but something changed the night of February 24, 2019. He and his friends were a little older than high school age and liked to have fun on the weekends by drinking. There was a Festival and Paul drove him and his friends on a boat to the Festival. Paul was pretty drunk and was very aggressive with his friends and demanded he drives the boat. He ended up crashing into a bridge throwing 2 people overboard and killing 1 girl, Mallory. When they went to the hospital Alex Murdaugh and his dad were trying to change the story so Paul wouldn’t get in trouble. Later, Paul went to court several times but was never charged with anything too serious.

Things kind of went quiet in the town for a couple of years. Alex Murdaugh was a lawyer with plenty of money but that wasn’t where he was getting all of his money. He was a fraud who was stealing millions of dollars and wasn’t paying his workers and what he agreed to. There were things coming out about him being a fraud, so to “distract” people from that, he came home June 7, 2021, to his wife and son laying in the yard, dead from being shot. From then, many investigators jumped on this case. 

There are many reasons why people think he is guilty, one being that Paul Murdaugh posted a Snapchat video 30 or so minutes before he was shot, and you can hear Alex in the background, and Alex had claimed he was not at the house. The guns used to kill Paul and Maggie were guns that the Murdaughs had at their house. I think that Alex is guilty and I think that there are more stories to come out. I think this guy was very evil and had many more secrets to reveal.

Do you think that Alex Murdaugh is guilty?

Do you think that he has more secrets to him?

Should Paul have been charged with murder for Mallory?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/alex-murdaugh-indicted-murder-charges-summary-timeline-rcna38026 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done Abby! +5

• In my personal opinion, I one hundred percent think that Alex Murdaugh is a guilty man and deserves to be in jail for the rest of his miserable life. I think that there is definetly more to his story that the public has yet to find out that will hopefully soon come to light. 

• I definitely think Alex Murdaugh is guilty and deserves many years of prison for the murders. I think Alex Murdaugh's reputation and status in his small town made him feel like he could easily get away with almost anything. I think there are more secrets that he or his family have tried to cover up.

• Yes, I think that Alex Murdaugh is guilty.  He did not kill his wife and son. However, I believe that he hired someone to kill his wife. I do not think that his son was supposed to be involved in this altercation.  I think that he is guilty and should be thrown into a prison system.

• I think that Alex Murdaugh is guilty. he can always get away with pretty much anything since he had high power and mostly everyone knew what he was using the power for and what he did. He can cover up things so he doesn't have to leave his family and he can stay with them and not get in trouble nor his family. I think that it's unfair to the other people and I think that Paul should've been charged with a murder or manslaughter charge, especially since he was drunk so he would've gotten another charge.

• I agree, I think that because of his last name him and his family got away with anything and everything.

• I thin Alex Murdaugh is guilty. He knew he could get away with crazy things because he had high power and everyone knew who he was. He easily covered things up so him or his family would never get in trouble. He defiantly has a lot of secrets that hes keeping from everyone. Paul should have been charged with murder or manslaughter. Paul was drunk and he shouldn't have drove the boat and that is completley his faul that she died.

• I think Alex Murdaugh is guilty. I believe there is more to the story, but he's not telling it to keep him out of trouble. Paul should've been charged with the murder of Mallory. He was intoxicated and crashed the boat.

• I think that Alex Murdaugh is guilty, because he doesn't seem to be a good guy, and his story doesn't make sense. I also think that he has many more secrects that nobody knows about. Also, I think paul should have probably been charged with murder of Mallory, just because it was him who was driving a boat drunk.

• I think that Alex is guilty, I do think though he has more secrets but he dosent want to get in more trouble, I think that paul should of been charged for the murder of Mallory because he is the one who did it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker