Recently AI has gotten super advanced by making super realistic videos, making pictures and then being able to make the pictures talk and move, being used in phones and a lot of other things. But it all started in 1950, a person named Alan Turing created the first AI which was also called The Turing Test and was designed to think that a machine can trick humans into thinking that it is human to make it think it has intelligence. Then in the 2010s, AI started getting used more with Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google assistant. But today, we have a lot more AI in our lives. Recently, Samsung has released their newest phone, the Samsung S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra. The S24 uses a lot of AI  such as circle to search, AI used in their pictures to make images look clearer and better, live call speech to text, and it can summarize your notes for you and any page you're on.

Some people are starting to get scared of AI because of how advanced its technology is getting. I understand why some people are becoming scared of AI and some people are calling it the “AI explosion” and I can see why, I feel like late 2022 and early 2023 was when AI really started getting talked about more with ChatGPT. Even Snapchat started using an AI chatbot called My AI, and then Microsoft bing started using an AI chatbot, Spotify even started to use AI called DJ that gives song recommendations based off what you’ve been listening to and recommends new songs that you may have never listened to before or brings back older songs that you used to listen to a lot.

Some creators of AI are actually starting to get scared of the things they’ve created but some people like the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, say that AI is one of the most important things humans have created.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heres-why-ai-may-be-extremely-dangerous-whether-its-conscious-or-not/

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/23447596/artificial-intelligence-agi-openai-gpt3-existential-risk-human-extinction

Do you think that we’re getting too much AI or do you think it's cool that we’re getting this much AI?

Are you getting scared of how much AI has advanced?

Did you know that AI went that far back.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that we are starting to use AI too much and it is becoming better and better. I am somewhat getting scared Because we are starting to get AIs driving cars and I don't know if I trust have a robot to drive a car. I did not know that AI went that far back. 

• I think that AI is getting reall advanced, but I think that there should be a way to determine how advanced it becomes. Though it can become dangerous, we could figure out a way to moniter it so that nobody is getting hurt. I am kinda freaked out by how much it has advanced but I am also amazed. 

• I think Ai is getting out of hand its too real to notice the real one. I dont why I would get scared of AI. I did not know that it was that old and back then the technology was that good as it is now, to create and distribute that is insane for thattime.

• I think AI is getting way too advanced. I recently saw a video that showed AI video in 2023 compared to 2024 and the difference is way different its much better this year compared to other years. No I was not aware that AI went that far back in time. 

• I feel like AI is getting powerful. It is on many popular apps, like snapchat and instagram. I don't understand why we need it. I feel creepy being able to text or talk to a not real person and the AI robot can give people anwers like nothing.

• I think we are probably using AI too much, and it has definetely progressed over the past couple years. AI can be seen as cool but in the long run it can be seen as scary. Personally, I'm not scared that AI is advancing this quickly, but if it keeps it up I might be later on.

• I dont think we are getting too much AI I think that we should keep evolving AI because it is more efficient and it keeps making businesses improve their good. Im not getting scared of AI, I don't think AI will ever turn or take control of anything.

• I think that AI has grown a lot over the past year. At times AI can get very scary/creepy. I think that you should not share any personal information with the AIs and try to use them as little as possible because I think can be a little untrustworthy. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker