History of Scooter's

In California, in the 1990s, Don and Linda Eckles had an idea. While there were many coffee shops that you could stop and sit in, they were not reasonable for busy customers. After Linda and Don discovered a drive-thru coffee shop, they decided to create their own coffee shop that was efficient. In 1998, the first Scooter's was founded and opened, then known as, Scooter's Java Express, in Bellevue, Nebraska. They came up with the name by starting with their goal, to provide customers with a fast experience that allowed them to "scoot in and scoot out" with their coffee, which allowed them to land on the name, Scooter's. At the first location, Linda would work the drive-thru window while Don would make the coffee in the back. After working at the first location for some time, Linda got the idea to put smiley-face stickers on every cup to show the friendly and fast service their business was known for.

Don and Linda had a simple method for success for their coffee shop, to have a good location, high-quality, delicious drinks, fast and speedy service, and a big smile with a happy attitude. Their simple method drew many customers in that loved how they ran their business. This allowed Don and Linda to rapidly grow their business in the Omaha area until they started franchising.

By 2001, Scooter's already had 5 stores. The Eckles decided they wanted to franchise their business to see how their creation could expand and grow. The first Scooter's franchise was in Council Bluffs, Iowa, followed by hundreds more. In 2005, they changed the name to Scooter's Coffeehouse to display a more modern profile to help attract coffee-lovers who wanted a high-quality and tasty drink. They also redesigned their logo, a third time, to help bring a new era and look to the business. Finally, in 2011, they changed the name, one last time, to Scooter's Coffee and they now have over 600 locations.

https://franchising.scooterscoffee.com/the-scooters-coffee-story/

Do you like coffee?

Do you go to Scooter's?

What's your favorite thing to order?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I like coffee, and I am always excited to see and try the new seasonal blenders and drinks that come in. I also like how speedy and conventient they are. I think that Linda and Don made some good business choices throught the decades. One of my favorite is either their mango smoothies or their white mocha blender.

• I also like coffee and enjoy trying their seasonal drinks and flavors. I also love their mango smoothies and white mocha drinks.

• I like coffee and I like all of the options of drinks that Scooters has. I think that it is cool that Don and Linda started the coffee shop together and made it a big business. My favorite thing to order is probably a quencher or a strawberry banna smoothie.

• I also like coffee and all of the drinks that Scooter's sells. I also usually get a quencher or a smoothie.

• I am not really a big fan of coffee. i have gone to scooter before. I mostly only get a penut butter blender with no expresso and a cinnimon roll. THe cinnimon rols when they are freshly warmed up are really good.  I do not go to ro scooters very often though. 

• While I do like drinking coffee, I agree with you that the cinnamon rolls and peanut butter blenders are good from Scooter's.

• I don't really like coffee most of the time, but when I go to scooters I either get a strawberry smoothie, or the peanut butter power shake. I don't go to scooters very often because it is expensive, however, I know some people that go every day.

• I do like coffee but it depends on the place I am the coffee getting it from. I go to scooters quite often and I enjoy it every time. Normally, I get the strawberry acai quencher with lemonade and if I were to get coffee I would get a Carmelicious. 

• I also only like coffee when I get it from certain places, but I do also like the strawberry acai quencher with lemonade.

• I dont like coffee but I do like some drinks at Scooters. I have gone to Scooters a good amount of time and have enjoyed it multiple times. Normally, I get the peach mango quencher with lemonade!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker