History Of Pheasants Forever

Pheasants forever is an organization that was founded in 1982 by a group of passionate hunters and conservationists who saw a declining population of pheasants. They believed by working together they could make a big difference in the conservation of these birds. 

One of the main goals was to create and maintain habitat for the pheasants and other wildlife. They do this through various initiatives like land acquisitions, habitat projects, and partnerships with landowners. By improving the habitat it will grow the pheasant population. 

They don’t only do habitat management though. They also do education and outreach programs to engage the public and promote conservation awareness. They organize events and youth programs to inspire the next generation  

I think that this is a great program for engaging people and teaching others about conservation and wildlife management. 

https://www.pheasantsforever.org/SpecialPages/About-Pages/About-PF.aspx

Have you ever Pheasant hunted before?

Have you tried Pheasant? Did you like it?

Before Reading this did you know about this organization?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No I have never went Pheasant hunting before. I have never tried but I think that it would be fun. No I actually new nothing about Pheasent hunting before I read it. Now that I read it I would really like to go Pheasent hunting now. And, I thought that people were pheasent hunting way before 1982.

• Ya its pretty fun when you can get to see the birds. People were pheasant hunting before 1982, but that is when this organization came around and started. 

• I have never pheasant hunted before but I wouldn't mind trying it sometime. I have never tried present and I don't think I would want to because I would be scared to bite down on a bb. I did know about the organization but I didn't know it did so much

• Ya its pretty fun to do and enjoy. I have bit done a few bb's before and they can kind of hurt your teeth when you do. 

• I've never pheasants hunted before but it might be fun i've never tried pheasant it could be good though. I'd never heard about this orginazation before reading this.

• I have never hunted Pheasants or really hunted anything before nor do I plan to. I have actually tried Pheasants before but I heard it tastes kind of like chicken. Prior to reading this forum post I have never heard of this organization.

• I have never pheasant hunted or tried pheasent. I would definetly try pheasant though.  I had never heard of the orgnaization before.

• I have never hunted Pheasant before, I have never gone hunting for anything before. I also have never tried Pheasant before. I did not know this organization before reading this. I think that it is good that people wanted to make a difference in something that they noticed was wrong.

• Yes, I agree that this is a good organization to teach others about this and get the younger kids invloved in more things. 

• I have not heard of a Pheasent hungt before. I have never tried a Pheasent either . I never heard about this organization.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker