History Of Pheasants Forever

Pheasants forever is an organization that was founded in 1982 by a group of passionate hunters and conservationists who saw a declining population of pheasants. They believed by working together they could make a big difference in the conservation of these birds. 

One of the main goals was to create and maintain habitat for the pheasants and other wildlife. They do this through various initiatives like land acquisitions, habitat projects, and partnerships with landowners. By improving the habitat it will grow the pheasant population. 

They don’t only do habitat management though. They also do education and outreach programs to engage the public and promote conservation awareness. They organize events and youth programs to inspire the next generation  

I think that this is a great program for engaging people and teaching others about conservation and wildlife management. 

https://www.pheasantsforever.org/SpecialPages/About-Pages/About-PF.aspx

Have you ever Pheasant hunted before?

Have you tried Pheasant? Did you like it?

Before Reading this did you know about this organization?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have never Pheasant hunted before. I haven't and I don't think I would because I don't like hunting. No, I didn't know about it, but it sounds pretty cool.

• I have tried pheasant it did not taste every good I didn't think it was going to taste like it did. I plan on never eating pheasant ever again beucase it's very gross and the person that cook it for me I think he cooked it to long and the meat was like rubber.

• No, I have never been Pheasant hunting before. I have never tried pheasant but I feel like it would be no difference between different meats. I don't think I would like the meat very much. Before reading this I didn't know about Pheasants Forever

• I have never pheasant hunted before. I think I've tried pheasant but it just tasted like any other kind of meat. I liked it but I don't think it had very much flavor to it. I didn't know about this organization until I read this.

• I think that this is cool to teach people about. I have never been pheasant hunting beofre or any hunting at all. I have not tried pheasant, but I don't think I would  like it. I knew about this organization because I know they get together and have meals that I have been to.

• I agree that it is pretty cool teaching others about this. Ya the banquets are pretty fun to go to as well. 

• I pheasant hunt every year as much as I can. I do like to pheasant hunt when you are seeing a bunch of birds and when we can shoot lots of pheasant. Before I read this I did know about the organization because I go to the banquets and I am a member of pheasants forever. 

• Ya I agree it is really fun when you get to see a lot of birds while out. I also have been to the banquets and they are pretty fun especially when you win something. 

• I have not pheasant hunted before, but my dad has so he talks about it all the time. In his office, he has a pheasant that he hunted(not alive). No I have not tried phesant because chicken is good enough for me. I did know about this organization. 

• Before reading this article I had never heard of this organization, but it seems like a very necessary thing to have. I have never hunted Pheasant or any other animals before, however, my uncle and cousins love to hunt. Also, I've never eaten pheasant.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker