History of Jordan's.

The first Jordan was made for Michael Jordan, who played for the Chicago Bulls on November 17th, 1984. The shoes were released to the public on April 1st, 1985.  They were designed by Peter B. Moore, and released during Jordan's sophomore season with the Chicago Bulls. The Jordan 1 Royal was never worn by Michael Jordan on an NBA court. The number 1 brand at this time for big-name basketball players was Converse. Famous players who wore converses were Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Rookie basketball player Michael Jordan revolutionized basketball shoes by bringing in Jordans. Also, the company didn’t want to even name the company Jordan because he had played his first full season, and every time he wore them in a basketball game the NBA and Jordan would fine him $5,000 because it didn’t match the color scheme.

Nike expected to sell 3 million dollars in Jordans the first they came out. The first year sales soared to 1-6 million dollars. The fact that Jordan was fined for wearing Jordans, made people want to buy them more. Jordans have dominated the shoe industry because of Michael Jordan inventing them. He promoted luxury. Over 37 versions of the Nike Jordans have been created and designed. Wearing Air Jordans became a status symbol for shoe wear. In other words, everyone has to have Jordans to look cool. Michael Jordan has been retired for over 20 years from the NBA. 

If you could invent a new pair of Jordans, what would you call and price them at?

Why was a color scheme so important to the NBA?

What is the highest price you would pay for a pair of Jordans? 

https://www.footlocker.com/history-of-air-jordan.html

https://pudding.cool/2018/09/jordans/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If I would create a shoes i would put alot into it and make it have a meaning and a story, It would be 150$ 1/3 of it should go to a charity and help people that are in need. I think during the time camera would haved a hard time or somthing like that or might be too distracting 

• If I were to name a pair of jordans, I would have no clue what to name them. But pricing them somewhere around the 70-80 dollar mark would be great. Some newer models can get super expensive. I think that having a color scheme that goes along witht he team that your playing for is super important. 

• If I could create a pair of jordans I dont know what I would name them as I think it depends on the colors and other factors. I would price them around $100 as thats not cheap but not to expensive for a shoe. The highest price I would pay for a pair of jordans depends on the colors and other things about the shoes.

• If I invented a pair of Jordens I don't know what I would call them but I would only charge 70 dollars for them so people that are less wealthy could buy my shoes. I don't know why the color scheme was so important to the NBA.

• I think that I would design a more simple pair fo jordans that you could wear with almost everything because I would want people to wear mine more and not just with one outfit. I would probably price them somewhere between two hundred and three hundred dollars. 

• I don't know what I would call them but I don't think that I would raise the price because of the normal jordans are being bought then why would I change it. probably red ones because I think that there are a lot of red teams that would wear them. I would pay like 250 for a pair of shoes.

• I would probably invent a new, cool designed Jordan. I would name them after myself or someone in my family. The price would be a normal Jordan price. Color scheme showed who supported who, etc. The highest price I would probably pay for Jordans is 400. 

• I think Jordans are pretty sweet but they can get insanely expensive. when people wear Jordans, you know they love shoes and like to spend their money on shoes. Highest I would pay for Jordans is probably $200. I don't think I'd spend over $200.

• Personaly I am not into jordans however I still like hearing the history of the shoes and how they started and became a big deal. I think that NBA didin't want player to worry about the shoes they were wearing rather then preparing for the game.

• I understand why they wanted a certain color scheme, but I think it's such a dumb thing for them to fine him for wearing the wrong color of shoes. Why are they worried about the color of his shoes when they should be worried about how well he plays.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker