History of John Deere

John Deere is a company that's been around for a long time, and they're famous for making tractors and other agricultural machinery. It all started in 1837 when John Deere, a blacksmith from Vermont, moved to Illinois. He noticed that the farmers there were struggling with their plows because the soil was different from what he used to. So, he came up with a brilliant idea to create a steel plow that could cut through the tough Midwest soil easier.

John Deere's steel plow was a game-changer for farmers. It was stronger and more durable than the wooden plows they were using, and it made their work much more efficient. Word spread quickly about the quality of John Deere's plows, and soon he had a thriving business.

Over the years, John Deere expanded their product line to include other farming equipment like cultivators, planters, and harvesters. They also started manufacturing tractors, which became their most iconic product. Their tractors were known for their reliability and power, and they helped grow agriculture around the world.

Today, John Deere is a global company with a presence in more than 180 countries. They continue to make and develop new technologies to make farming more efficient and sustainable. They're committed to helping farmers feed the world and take care of the land.

So, that's a brief overview of the history of John Deere. They've come a long way since their humble beginnings, but they've always stayed true to their mission of providing quality equipment for farmers. It's cool to think about how one person's idea can have such a big impact. 

What is your favorite agriculture company?

If you made an agriculture company what would you name it and what would you make?

Before reading this did you know about John Deere?

link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• My family uses John Deere for equipment, but I don't personally have a favorite brand. I knew a bit about how the company came to be, but I didn't know that he was a blacksmith previously. If I were to make an agriculture company, I would focus more on hydroponics and other soil-based products.

• I think john deere is a good for a lot of equipment, It's used by most the people i know that farm, if I made a brand it would Mac Co Industries or MCI for short. Yes i did know of john deere before this my dads best friend has a john deere tractor.

• My family uses John Deere for any machinery we need. We have never looked into other companies/brands of machinery because John Deere is well-made and reliable. I didn't know a lot of history about how John Deere got its start, but it is interesting to see it's rise to fame. 

• I persoanally like all tractor companies. I can't choose. I grew up on a farm and would always go on tracter rides with my dad. I have alot of childhood memorys in the tractor. My dad and grandpa have kinze tractors, john deer tractors, and caseih tractors. 

• I also grew up on a farm and had lots of memories growing up on tractors. I don't have a variety of tractors like you do but I don't think its a bad idea to have a variety.

• bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker