History of Fentanyl in the U.S.

History of Fentanyl

What is Fentanyl? Fentanyl is an opioid drug that is often hidden in other drugs. People who are addicted to fentanyl usually don't realize it is in the marajana or cocaine they are buying. Fentanyl is easily addictive and can easily kill you. In the U.S. almost 1,000,000 people are addicted to fentanyl. Fentanyl is 50 times times more addictive than herion. If herion can ruin your life, just imangine how bad fentanyl can be.

Tony’s story. Tony got unknowingly addicted to fentanyl in their college years. They smoked marijuana at a party and later found out that it was spiked with fentanyl. After they found out that it was spiked with fentanyl they said they would stop. They later came around and had another dose unknowingly. Most fentanyl addictions start in the college years. College years - unknown addcition. Most of the people who do try a dose of fentanyl often chase the "high" that they got from it, which is what leads them back.

Fentanyl is a scary drug. All drugs are scary drugs. I think that no one should take their chances with any drug, because it would be infused with fentanyl. No matter if your drug is infused with fentanyl or not, all drugs have bad side effects. In the U.S. almost 100,000 people died THIS YEAR from a fentanyl overdose. Often times Fentanyl can follow you not only to your grave but your childrens grade. Next time you think about "smoking weed" at a party double think about the real addictions it can lead to.

Sources:

https://usafacts.org/articles/are-fentanyl-overdose-deaths-rising-in-the-us/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8bndopbgI 

https://www.cdc.gov/stopoverdose/fentanyl/index.html#:~:text=Fentanyl%20is%20a%20synthetic%20opioid,nonfatal%20overdoses%20in%20the%20U.S.&text=There%20are%20two%20types%20of,Both%20are%20considered%20synthetic%20opioids

Questions:

Did the number of deaths and addictions surprise you?

What other causes of fentanyl addictions do you know?

Do you believe that the post common starting addictions start in college?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It is really sad the number of deaths and addictions, it did surprise me especially living in a small town I feel that we are more sheltered from this. Versus someone who lives in the city probably wouldn't be as surprised by the amount of deaths and addictions.

• I do not know about other causes of fentanyl addictions, I don't think addictions start in college, I think they obviously start from the age at which you start using it but nowdays children start using it from middle school and high school, and there are times when they start using because of their parents or their parents already know but they don't say anything to their children.

• That is alot of deaths. I think it is so crazy that there are so many deaths from Fentanyl.  I think that collage is a hard time for many people and they think that Fentanyl can help them feel better. It will get better. Doing fentanyl will just make it worse.

• I find it really sad that many people fall into these vices. I don't know other causes of fentanyl addiction but I would like to know them to prevent. I believe that addictions commonly begin in adolescents, due to their friends, but perhaps it is also in university students due to school pressure.

• I think that 100,000 people dying this year from a fentanyl overdose is crazy. Something should be done if there is almost a million people addicted to fentanyl because that is such a large number of people. I agree that a lot of additions start in college. 

• Yes, I am surprised so many people died from this drug. I thought fentanyl was controlled more by the government and farmacys. I don't know of any accidents from fentanyl. I do believe some of the accidents start form young kids.

• This is crazy I knew this was a problem but I did not imagine the death rate to be so high. I personally don't think it's just college I think that who and where you are takes a big toll on the things you do.  It is just bad friends and bad environments that cause you to these decisions.

• The number of deaths and addictions did not surprise me, a lot of people get addicted to it and then tell there friends and keep spreading it. I dont know any other causes of fentanyl addiction. Yes I think the monst addictions start in college because thats when most of these drugs get introduced to people.

• The number of deaths and addictions did suprise me because I don't really read or look into this stuff it did make me sad tho. I do not know that much about this so I don't know any other causes of fentanyl addictions. No, I don't because I think that they started in other places 

• I agree with you seeing the numbers is really sad.  I wish they were lower. I did not know of much addictions till I looked into this and read. I could see how you think that they started in other places but I do beleive that it does start in college.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker