History of Fentanyl in the U.S.

History of Fentanyl

What is Fentanyl? Fentanyl is an opioid drug that is often hidden in other drugs. People who are addicted to fentanyl usually don't realize it is in the marajana or cocaine they are buying. Fentanyl is easily addictive and can easily kill you. In the U.S. almost 1,000,000 people are addicted to fentanyl. Fentanyl is 50 times times more addictive than herion. If herion can ruin your life, just imangine how bad fentanyl can be.

Tony’s story. Tony got unknowingly addicted to fentanyl in their college years. They smoked marijuana at a party and later found out that it was spiked with fentanyl. After they found out that it was spiked with fentanyl they said they would stop. They later came around and had another dose unknowingly. Most fentanyl addictions start in the college years. College years - unknown addcition. Most of the people who do try a dose of fentanyl often chase the "high" that they got from it, which is what leads them back.

Fentanyl is a scary drug. All drugs are scary drugs. I think that no one should take their chances with any drug, because it would be infused with fentanyl. No matter if your drug is infused with fentanyl or not, all drugs have bad side effects. In the U.S. almost 100,000 people died THIS YEAR from a fentanyl overdose. Often times Fentanyl can follow you not only to your grave but your childrens grade. Next time you think about "smoking weed" at a party double think about the real addictions it can lead to.

Sources:

https://usafacts.org/articles/are-fentanyl-overdose-deaths-rising-in-the-us/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8bndopbgI 

https://www.cdc.gov/stopoverdose/fentanyl/index.html#:~:text=Fentanyl%20is%20a%20synthetic%20opioid,nonfatal%20overdoses%20in%20the%20U.S.&text=There%20are%20two%20types%20of,Both%20are%20considered%20synthetic%20opioids

Questions:

Did the number of deaths and addictions surprise you?

What other causes of fentanyl addictions do you know?

Do you believe that the post common starting addictions start in college?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The number of deaths and addictions did not surprise me, there are lots of people that succumb to peer pressure, of doing drugs, without thinking about the lasting damage that they are causing to their health. I think that a lot of addictions start in college because that is when teens are finally away from their parents. Their parents aren't there to tell them what to do or make sure that they are doing the right things.

• With the startings with all of the stuff that did happen I dont thijnk it could have happen during the colege times it have to happen a different time in other life including a long time ago in the long time ago years,

• I somewhat agree with you that it could have started in other times in life. I think that other common addictions is after college or even in high school. I agree this could have started many years ago and that is crazy to think about.

• It did surprise me on how many deaths and it's sad that people are too care less about other people. I don't know much about fentanyl. I don't know because I never new about this.

• I agree that it is really sad how people who sell or infuse the fentanyl have no care for others. I also do not know much on fentanyl, besdies for the articles I read, but I did learn that it is a really dangerous drug.

• The number of people addicted to fetanyl suprised me a lot, I thought it was a less common drug. One story I remeber hearing was about a bus driver who was cleaning his bus and accidently brushed up some fetanyl and uknowingly inhaled it. He ended up dying and so it demoanstated how deadly fentanyl can be if it is not taken in the smallest doses.

• I agree with you. Before I looking into fentanyl I did not think that it was a common drug. The bus driver who unknowingly had it is another story I saw aswell. It is crazy how easy it can be to acccidenly have a dosage of this.

• The number of deaths didn't really surprise me because I know it is a very addictive and dangerous drug. I think that it is more common than we think for college students to try drugs and end up getting addicted to those drugs. They also want to be cool around people at parties, which can cause addictions.

• I agree with you the number of dealths does not surprise me because fentanyl is a dangerous drug. I agree I think it is more common than we think with college students because they do not relise they are taking it.

• I always knew the mortality rate from drugs was high, but seeing it never gets easier. Fentanyl is consumed both knowingly and unknowingly, whether it be hidden in another drug or purposefully taken on its own. College is a very vulnerable time and students can be easily influenced Into smoking, drinking, and drugs. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker