History of Fast Foods

We all know about Fast Foods we all go and visit them sometimes maybe all the time like Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald but what was the main fast foods that everyone always visited well Most historians agree that the American company White Castle was the first fast-food outlet, starting in Wichita, Kansas in 1916 with food stands and founding in 1921, selling hamburgers for five cents apiece from its inception and spawning numerous competitors and emulators.

The Main person that created White Castle is "Billy Ingram" opened White Castle in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, selling the iconic little burgers the family-owned business has become famous for. So easy to eat, they were dubbed "Sliders" and sold by the sack. Billy Ingram moved White Castle to Columbus in 1934 after buying out Anderson's share of the business. White Castle's founders decided to change the public's perception of hamburgers. They built their restaurants so that customers could see the food being prepared. They painted the buildings white and even chose a name that suggested cleanliness. White Castle was most popular in the American East and Midwest, but its success helped give hamburger meat a better reputation nationwide. So, like cars, White Castle played an important part in the development of fast food.

In 1921, Billy Ingram launched a family-owned business with $700 and an idea, selling five-cent, small, square hamburgers so easy to eat, they were dubbed Sliders and sold by the sack. In 2014, Time Magazine declared our iconic Original Slider the most influential burger of all time. Today our family-owned business sells the same humble, 100 percent USDA beef patty with onions and pickle, creating memorable moments for Craver generations everywhere. The only thing better than polishing off a Sack of Sliders alone, is doing it with friends. Could it get any better than that? White Castle. Because The Crave Is A Powerful Thing.

Have you ever visited White Caslte?

What is Your favoite Fast Food?

Do you Prefer fast food now or back then?

Source

Source

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I personally have never been to White Castle, however I have heard of it and seen one. My favorite fast food chain would probably be Mcdonald's. I am not sure if I prefer fast food now or back then, because both have their pros and cons.

• I've never been to White Castle, I forget it exists, but I have heard of it. My favorite fast food chain is Chik Fil A. I think fast food back then was usually just a basic burger and fries, but today you have a larger variety of options, and I like that better.

• My favorite fast food is proble KFC but there are many other great fast food options. I would say I like fast food a little more now rather then back then. I have actualy never been to a White Castel before but I have heard thet they are very good.

• I think I have went to White Castle before once or twice, but I don't remember it. I don't really like fast food because it hurts my stomach, but I do like to go to Chick-Fil-A and Arby's sometimes. I wouldn't know if I prefer fast food now or back then because I wasn't alive when it was different back then. 

• I have never been to a White Castle, I knew it was a place though. I think that my favorite fast food retaurant is either Chick-Fil-A because I really like their Chicken tenders and their lemonade, or Subway because it has fast service. 

• I have never visited a White Castle. My favorite fast food place I would have to say Raisin Canes because they have the best chicken fingers I have ever had. I never had the fast food back then so I would say now.

• I have not visted White Castle but I've heard about it. I don't really eat fast food that much, but when I do Chick-Fil-A just because of their waffle fries. I think fast food used to be healthier than it is now.

• I have never visited White Castle, but I've heard of it and I think it is a cool place. I hardly get fast food, but when I do I usually get food from Subway or Dairy Queen. I don't know for sure if fast food is better today then it used to be.

• I would like anyone to try new fast foods the fast foods that you visit are very common and I do believe that fast foods before we way better then they are now did you know that back then just buying a burger a simple burger was just 50 cents but now it around 5 or 10 dollars.

• I have never visted White Castle, but I have heard things about it. My favorite fast food is probably Chic-fil-A. Its good, fresh and always hits. I prefer fast food when it was cheap and not extremley expesive to purchase!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker