History Of Chipotle

Chipotle, food with integrity. Have you ever eaten at chipotle?  What is your favorite Chipotle order? Chipotle was founded in 1993 by Steve Ells based in Denver, Colorado. Steve Ells attended the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. After School he became a line cook at Stars in San Francisco, California. He took everything he learned and in 1993 he opened his first chipotle in Denver. He got a 85,000 dollar loan from his dad. When creating his business Steve and his dad calculated that they need to sell 107 burritos a day to be profitable. After the first month of opening they were selling 1,000 burritos a day. In 1995 the second Chiptole opened using chipotles cash flow. The third store was opened using a SBA loan. Steve created a board of directors and a business plan raising 1.8 million dollars.  In 1998 Mcdonalds made an investment in Chipotle. By 2001 Mcdonalds had been the biggest investor in the company. In 2006 Mcdonalds no longer invested in Chipotle as Mcdonalds wanted to focus on their own chain. In 2007 Chipotle bought back all their franchises and became 100% company owned. 2010 Chipotle hired chef Nate Appelman to create new dishes. In 2015 there was an E-coli breakout at various Chipotles. 24 cases were in Washington and 13 were in Oregon. By 2017 there were more than 2,400 restaurants. Also in November of 2017 Steve Ells stepped down. In 2018 he was replaced by Taco Bell CEO Brian Niccol. 

Have you ever eaten at Chipotle?

What is your favorite Chipotle order?

Do you like Chipotle?

https://www.liveabout.com/history-of-chipotle-mexican-grill-3973222

https://bstrategyhub.com/chipotle-mission-statement-vision-core-values-analysis/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CWe%20believe%20that%20food%20has,a%20healthier%20and%20better%20place

https://www.zippia.com/chipotle-mexican-grill-careers-2426/history/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have never tried Chipotle food so I couldn't say which order is my favorite but I have heard that the food tastes good so I would like to try the food there when I get the chance.

• No I haven't went there before so I don't know if it's good or not. I don't have one because I never went there. Never tried their food so I don't know if I like it or not.

• I have never eaten at Chipotle, but I would like to. From what I've heard, the food is very good. I would like to go to try it when I have the opportunity next. I have eaten at other similar restaurants, so I think I would like it if I got the chance.

• If you ever get the chance I would get the rice bowls they are very good!

• I have eaten at chipotle I think that it is okay but not the best. My chipotle order is very borning. I get rice, chicken, and queso. I like chipotle but, I think I would get panda or canes if I had a choice, but it is stll good.

• Rice bowls are the way to go and chipotle is still very good and so are the other places 

• I have never had chipotle, even though I have wanted to try it for a while because of ther good things I have heard of it. Because I have never had it I cannot say What my favorite order is or if I like it even though im sure I would.

• I've only had Chipotle one time I think. When I got it I got the burrito bowl. I thought it was good but I don't think it's as good as all of the publication makes it seem and it definitely isn't worth what it costs. I would get it again but I prefer other similar restaurants such as Qdoba.

• I do not agree with you, Chipotle is on top and is 10x better. However I will agree with your order of the burrito bowl. And if you have the Chipotle app you get deals so it is CHEAPER.

• Yes I've had chipotle. My favorite order is the boritto. Yes I do like chipotle.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker