Hats are Prohibited but Dog Collars are not?

Why should kids be able to wear dog collars or even elf ears? What's the difference between wearing hats and decorating yourself with elements a dog would use? This is not so much a personal attack on those emos who decorate themselves as dogs. More resembaling that the school's policy makes little to no sense. Why do hats cause such distress? I see no distraction in wearing hats. We should be allowed to wear caps given that there is no profanity or slurs.

Many would argue that caps hide our face or are disrespectful. What is the difference between that or a collar? Sure, a collar may not hide your face but is much more distracting than a regular hats. If an object is not taking away our learning there is no harm in it. Schools need to review their policies and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to do what they would like. The one exception is everyone must take their hat off for the pledge. You must obey and respect those who fought for our freedoms and rights. It is unbelieveable the people who take our country for granted.

To summarize hats belong in school, dogs do not. Personally, I see no reason why kids should be able to dress like dogs or other animals. That would be one hundred percent more likely to disturb learning in schools. Schools, do the right thing, ban animal items and allow hats.

Do you think that hats should be allowed in school? Why or why not?

Why do you think schools have such foolsih policies?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• I think hats should be able to be worn in school of they are not distracting or inappropriate. I also think that wearing dog collars and elf ears are fine,as long as it is not distracting or inapprooriate, If that is how they wanna express themself by wearing those things, it doesnt bother me. But they will have to deal with the inevitable consequences of peaple bullying them and making fun of how they want to express themself.

• I don't care if people were to wear hats in school. But I think one of the reasons is because you can hide your face with them. But honestly I see the "dog collars" as necklaces. I would never wear one. But everyone has a different style and what other people wear doesn't really bother me.

• I think that schools should not prohibit dog collars, hats, or any other distracting item of clothing. If hats are not allowed to be worn there is no reason why dog collars should be worn, they are just as, and sometimes more distracting than normal hats and it does not make sense to restrict one of those things without restricting the other. 

• I think hats should be able to be worn in schools, especially if they are "school appropriate." I feel that people should be able to express themselves freely in school, IF it doesn't distract others. I feel like people that wear collars and elf ears can be distracting and it leads to bullying. 

• I agree, I think hats should be allowed. The school has no problem with people wearing more distracting things, like, dog collars, leashes, ect. I don't see the issue with wearing hats in school. Maybe the schools have vlaid reasons, but those reason should also apply in other distracitng pices of clothing/ accecories.

• Yeah, I believe that hats should be able to be worn in schools. I believe that hats can define a person by who they are. And dog collars thats alloud I believ that dog collars can be worn if hats can be. Dog collars define people by who they are and hats do too what makes the difference.

• Yes, I agree. Things kids wear in school nowadays are much more distracting than a hat. I see no problems with hats unless they have profanity or other mean slurs. I see the fact that it is a thing of respect but wearing dog collars should be considered disrespect too.

• Hats should be allowed in school so people can be more of themselves and besides schools are supposed to be preparing us for the real world but in the real world you can always wear a hat. And if you wear a collar in school and hats still aren't allowed that is basically saying you can wear this but we care when you wear a normal hat we care.

• I think hats should be allowed. I have never seen any problem with anyone wearing a hat. I don't think teachers even think that it's disrespectful or find anything bad about it. I like to think a lot of teachers would where hats if they could as well. I don't know why they have this rule but there is really nothing wrong with wearing a hat in school. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker