Global Climate Change

Some changes that are happening in our environment, such as droughts, wildfires, and extreme rainfall, are occurring faster than scientists had previously thought. According to the United Nations and the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), today's humans have never seen the changes in our global climate, and some of these changes are irreversible over the next hundreds to thousands of years.

Scientists are confident that our global temperatures will continue to rise for many decades due to the greenhouse gases produced by human activities. The IPCC's 6th report, states that human emissions of heat-trapping gases have already warmed the climate by nearly 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since 1850-1900. The global average temperature is expected to reach or exceed 1.5 degrees C within the next few decades, and these changes will affect all regions of the Earth.

The severity of the effects caused by climate change will depend on the path of future human activities. The more greenhouse gas emissions we produce, the more the climate will change making more extreme and widespread damaging effects that will occur throughout our planet. However, the future effects of climate change depend on the total amount of carbon emissions. Therefore, if we reduce our emissions, we may be able to avoid some of the worst effects of climate change.

Source: https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/effects/

1. How does climate change make plants bloom earlier?

2. How can people help stop climate change?

3. Why haven't scientists been trying to find a solution to climate change?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that climate change is a big problem, it was caused by humans which means humans can end it if we start it. I think that if everyone starts to care more about climate change there can be a change. I am not sure why scientists haven't been trying to find and solution to climate change. 

• I think climate change is a problem that was caused by humans, but can also be resolved by humans. Starting with reducing our plastic waste and encouraging recycling i think using cars less and doing better for the earth. banning plastic water bottles 

• I think if everone grouped up and spent at least 3 days cleaning the earth the problem would be fixed but how come we haven't already started the process

• I think climate change is a problem that was caused by humans, but can also be resolved by humans. Starting with reducing our plastic waste and encouraging recycling, to limiting the use of gas and other carbon emmissions intot he air. I think it is better to find a solution while climate change is still relatively managable, rather than let it get to a point where it may be too late. 

• I agree that humans caused the problem and they should also be the reason the problem is resovled 

• I think gloabl climate change is really effecting our planet. I have noticed that this winter hasn't been as cold as other winters. It just didn't feel like a normal winter. I think that the climate change is effecting the plants and making them bloom earlier because its been so warm.

• I agree that you can feel and tell the diffrences in the weather the more you expericece it but if people don't stop the issue some people may not experince some weather options

• There are many ways people can stop climate change but if everyone cared more about the enviroment then it would help. I do not know why scientists haven't found a solution to climate change yet. 

• I agree but if people live on the planet why don't they already care for where they are living and standing up for it

• I'm sure there are may ways that people can help stop climate change. If everyone in the world were to start caring heavily for the environment then there would be inmense change to the world. People are getting better at caring for the planet, so maybe soon it will improve.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker