Near is 2020 they were planing to have a 5 billion super campus for the french, but is falling apart after a compromise scheme to save the troubled project was rejected by one of its creators. Then-president Nicolas Sarkozy unveiled plans to make the cluster of private and public research labs in Saclay, 30 kilometres south-west of the capital. But the project, which encompasses 18 universities, research agencies and elite higher-education institutes called grandes écoles, has attracted criticism for its apparent lack of strategy and governance. A 2016 Senate report said that the determination of institutions,  in particular by the historic grandes écoles , to maintain their own identities had destroyed the collective project. And in February, a report by France’s government auditor declared that plans were “at a standstill”. Then small group proposed that they make it something like the original one it would be half-way house between the existing loose cluster of institutions and a fully integrated university.

Q1 Would you want to go to this university, why and how much do you think it would cost to get in.

Q2 Do you support making such a huge place?

A1 I would not like to go because I would definitely get lost and it sounds as if they are only excepting the smartest of the smartest.

A2 No I honestly don't beause there is really no use for it if its just going to be like another college for super smart people. Also I wonder what perfect nature they had to destroy to build this, Not Cool in my opinion.

http://www.nature.com/news/french-plan-to-create-5-billion-science-super-campus-in-disarray-1.21950

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This seems to be top of the line type of collage. I dont think I would able to or even want to. I would be lost and confused and probable get kicked out. NO I dont 

• I think it should cost half of what our colleges cost because the campus will be payed for in the long run and it is public. The smartest do need to go but be more advanced but i think they should let others in too. I do support this because it is not coming out of my pocket and it will benefits lots of people.

• I would not want to go to this university because I think that it will cost an insane amount and that you can get a good education for cheaper. No because I don't think the cost and the land it would take would out do the good it could do. 

• I would not want to go to the college cause you would be sitting in debt for years. this college will be very expensive to get in and also a lot of money to keep it updated. I feel that making it is useless because they are going to loose more money that earn money which is not okay for the economy.

• I think that it will cost a lot to go there so I wouldn't be able to afford to go their. I would also fear getting lost in the campus. I think that if they have a lot of people going to college and need more places to teach the information then yeah I support it. The reason I support it is because the bigger the campus the more student that can live on campus and the more students that can go there. 

• The price to enter this “super-campus” would be quite pricey, but it would definitely be very interesting seeing as it revolves around science. It’s an intriguing idea, but the cost to build is far too much. Instead, they could use that money to help children in third-world countries receive the education they need. There are too many children in this world who aren’t able to attend school because of poverty.

• I would not want to go to this school because it would cost a lot of money. And I would not want to be in debt for the rest of my life. I would not support making this huge building. If they know a lot of people can't afford to go to it, then why would they waste all that money on it?

• I would probably go to this school, if I could get accepted. I would go because it would definitely have state of the art equipment and amazing professors. I support it because in a college that size and of that caliber and with the smartest minds in the world working together, great discoveries can be made. The cure for cancer could even be found there.

• I agree with you, Lindsey, If i got accepted I would definitely go to the campus. This place would be top of the line, just like you said. It would most likely be worth the money.

• I don't think that I would want to go to this university  because it sounds like it would cost a lot of money, and I also don't want to go to college in a place as far away as that. I think that this would end up being a  good school for some people who a really smart in science and want to continue their education in that field. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker