Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

On Tuesday,Mar 26, 2024 The Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse at approximately 2:00 am. At that moment the cargo ship engine had lost power and at that time the captain of the ship tried to drop the anchor to slow down, but at that moment it was too late and the cargo ship had made contact with one of the bridge pillars, triggering it to collapse into the Patapsco River. Which caused the whole bridge to collapse within seconds. 

The water that night was between 46 and 48 degrees and poor underwater visibility, they say they did not believe they would find any of the workers alive.

1.What are your thoughts on the Scott Bridge Collapse?

1. Do you think that the investigation is going to be longer than 2 to 3 years?

1. How long do you think that it is going to take to rebuild the the bridge 

Extra Credit 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• My thoughts onto the scott bridge is that when the ship that did go and hit the brige I do think it was an accident hitting the bridge, and with jus/t the investagation that I do think that was 3 years ago after it did happened.

• I think the collapse of the brideg was a complete accident because the crew said the ship had no power and they could steer away from the bridge. I think the investigation will be less than 2 years because there is not much that could be found out about it. I think it will take about 1 or 2 years to rebuild it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker