FedEx driver kidnaps and murders a young girl.

A 31 year old man, Tanner Lynn Horner, kills a young 7 year old girl whose name was Athena, this all occured in Texas. Tanner Lynn Horner is now charged with aggravated kidnapping and capital murder. Tanner claimed he hit Athena with his truck but she was not injured severely in any way. After hitting the girl he took her into his truck and even told her his name. Tanner admitted that he was worried the girl would tell her father so he kidnapped and killed her. He not only admitted to the murder, but even told where to find her. They then found her body southeast of the city, Boyd. (Which was about 11 miles from them.) As you could and would expect, Gandy, Athena's mother, was devastated. She said, "I was supposed to bring Athena back home to Oklahoma after Christmas break. Now instead, Athena will be cremated and she will come home in an urn because I am not anywhere close to being ready to let my baby go."

Overall, what this man did was extremely wrong, and he should have just accepted what he did. I think he should have just gone to the door and admitted what he did. I know and understand that he was panicked, but that still doesn’t defend any part of what he did. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fedex-driver-allegedly-told-investigators-texas-girl-was-still-alive-s-rcna60874

What do you think he should have done?

What charges do you think he should have?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that he should have addmited to her parents that he did infact, hit her with his truck instead of killing her. He has been charged with her murder and kidnnaping and deserves it as well. It is very sad that her family had to suffer her loss and that they will be mourning during a primerely happy time of year.

• I agree, this topic is very sad. I just don't understand why he wouldn't tell the parents. I get he was panicked but his charges wouldn't be as terrible, and that girl would still have her life. 

• In my opinion I think the right thing to do was go up to the door and explain the situation to the little girls parents. I don't think that him kidnapping the little girl and killing her was in anyway better then letting her live and just him go talk to the parents. It just seems a bit weird that for some reason he didn't want to get in trouble and tell the parents what happend so instead he kills her. That just dosen't seem right and the fact that he admitted to it just shows if he would have just went up to the door and explained to them what happend he wouldn't be going to prison. I think he should be charged with kidnapping, murder.

• The thing that this driver did was awful. There was no mistake about anything he did. He should be put in prison because of what he did. That girl was loved by many of her family/peers, and he took her away from them. He should have owned up to it instead of doing what he did.

• I agree, people have to suffer with her loss because he didn't know what to do. All he had to do was simply tell her parents what happened. 

• I think he should have have done the right thing and when he hit her with his car he should have brought heer up to the door or called an ambulance. This man did not do any of that and for not doing the right thing he should have any charges they see is right. A family has got there little girl ripped from them because some gay got scared does that sound right to anyone. 

• I think that he got the right charges because the way it is above is that he kidnapped and he got that charge and then he killed her and he got that charge too. I Don't know why he did it but I know it was wrong and should not have happened.

• I agree, he should not have kidnapped nor killed her in the first place. He should have accepted what he did and should have told the parents.

• I think that Tanner panicked after hitting the young girl; however, that doesn't give him any right to his wrong. I believe he should have just knocked on the door and taken the consequences given. Even though he admitted to everything he still needs to serve a long time. I think Tanner should get 25 years or more in prison. 

• I agree, especially since he claims that she had no injuries. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker