Facebook Marketplace

Facebook marketplace is a huge buying and selling store. You can buy/sell everything you could imagine by category. Mainly people use this app to buy stuff because you can interact head to head and not have to deal with a dealership or a store, depending on what your  buying. This app is just like SWAP, that is just selling and buying mostly clothes.

Now moving on to the (pros) of using this app, like i said before it's all in person and trust worthy. Yes there may be some scams on this website and that is why before you go look at or pick up what you're about to spend your money on, give the dealer a call or a text making sure he gives you all the information. A lot of people have been scammed on this app but a lot of people have been pleased with their outcome.

Some cons are…just trust, depending on how much you can trust. But aside from that, like I mentioned, people have been scammed and some have not and sometimes you just have to be smart with your senses and money. Example is, if I wanted to buy a 10,000 dollar truck or car it is either gonna look really nice and have everything wrong with it or I could buy one with everything right with it but ugly, and especially with the truck prices people would go with a car. 

Personally I go on marketplace on occasions just to browse the trucks and cars for sale, most people go on the market to look at, cars, trucks, parts and essentials for a vehicle, marketplace serves many purposes and people sell everything but clothes on it(new things to old), so yes I do trust marketplace if I get ahold of the seller and talk about the information.

Do you shop on the market?

Have you ever bought something off Facebook?

Do you trust the sellers or buyers?

https://www.bigcommerce.com/blog/selling-on-facebook-marketplace/#why-facebook-marketplace

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-to-avoid-being-scammed-on-facebook-marketplace

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Very well done Reichan! Good topic choice as well +5!

• I don't have facebook markerplace but I have seen my parents use it to buy stuff such as a car and other things. The one time they did buy a car they thought the car was pretty trustworthy and the car worked very well since the guy used to be a mechanic and worked on his cars.

• I have always looked on Facebook marketplace for cars with my dad, but we never actually get anything off of it. The people we go to buy from always message that something is available and then we schedule it and find out they sold it. I don't know why people think it's okay for them to do that, but in general, it's nice to look for things in your area but outside of that in my opinion no, but I just haven't had a good experience.

• I personally don't have facebook but, I have seen many people scrolling through it on their phones. I think that it could be very beneficial to many people that are buying or selling things locally. But, unless I actually knew the buyer or seller personally they would be difficult to trust.

• I personally do not shop on Facebook Market place, but I do know many people my age that use it on the regular. I do believe that my parents have bought things off of the Facebook Marketplace before. I feel that as anything online you must be careful with who you are interracting with. 

• I don't shop on the Facebook marketplace, but it seems useful because it's another way to buy and sell things. Although there are going be some scammers, I would trust the people. You're always going to be at risk of being scammed, but it can be easy to tell if it's a scam sometimes.

• I do agree, it is pretty useful to others beacuse of the fact you can sell and buy locally without much struggle. I totally agree that there is a risk of being scammed but it falls into play when your reffering about your trust.

• I do not really ever shop on Facebook marketplace, although, I do know many, many people who do shop using Facebook marketplace. I do think I would have troubles trusting the seller or even a buyer if I am selling something. I just know a lot of people would do a lot of crazy things to try to get free stuff.

• I have never personally used Facebook Marketplace, but my family has and it has been very useful.  I think that it is a very good way to find cheap, local items that may not be found nearby, especially in a small town like Harlan.

• Yes I hav bought stuff off of Facebook market place. I think that it is a great way for people to sell things and to make a little bit of money. It is a lot easier to work than craiges list. The only problem with it is that you have to be 18 to use it. You can always lie about your age. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker