earlier this morning at around 1 a.m. a man was arrested after being suspected of causing a stabbing spree in downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado. In this attack, there were 8 wounded. Colorado Springs Police Department stated that there was no relations betwee the supsect and the victims. The police stated that the witnesses of the stabbing spree said that the victim fled to a near by walking trails, causing the officers to head in that direction. They did not find the supsect but they did come across more wounded victims. About an hour later, the police were alerted that the supsect stabbed more people at the downtown bar, "Tonys". Eventually the officers were able to get ahold of the attackers.

What would be your first reaction if you were in this area as this was happening?

My first reaction would be to make sure my friends and family are safe, then after I would leave and go somewhere safer.

If you were near this location, and you heard about this ocurring, would you leave the area, or would you try to help on this?

I don't think I would leave the area, because I wouldn't want to stay and risk getting hurt. But as I'm leaving I would help as many people that I can.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job overall Loryn! Be sure to capitalize words that shoauld be.

• My first reaction would be to lock all my doors, make sure the people I care about are safe, and to keep informed if this were to happen. If I were to see the murderer I would immediately call the police. I would let the people whose job is to apprehend the criminal and not try to help unless I have to.

•  I agree, the first thing that I would do is make sure my friends and family are safe. Then I would leave the area to somwhere safer.  I would also stay caution because that person could be anywhere. After knowing that the guy is taken in and it is safe, I would then return home and back to my daily life.

• If I lived around where this happened, I would instantly reach out to my friends and family to make sure that they weren't harmed at all. Next, I would make sure to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity because I don't want to be the next victim. I would probably stay in the area where this happened, but I would be extra cautious to ensure that everyone remains safe. I would trust the police to capture the suspect as fast as possible, so the threat would be minimized. I would make sure to be more careful, and I would definitely report any suspicious behavior to the police so that the incident could be taken care of quickly.

• I agree, because I think that if this happened where I lived the first thing that  I would is call my family and friends are safe. Then I would try to go somewhere safer and get out of the area. I would also stay caution of my surroundings. After knowing the suspect is taken in and everything is good I would then go home and get back to my normal life. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree with you because I also think I would be worried that this was happening because the suspect could be anywhere in the area. Also I think I would try to help the people around me. I  would also make sure my family and friends are okay and they are somewhere safe. I also think that I would go somewhere safer, then return once I know it is safe.

• I would be shocked and scared that this was happening. I would then alert the police of what was going on. If I was with family or friends, I would make sure they were okay. I wouldn't want to put myself in danger, so I would try to find a safe place to hide and stay away from the area for a while. 

• I think that I would be shocked and scared that this would happen too. I would also be very surprised because I would never think that something like this would happen. I think if I was to find out about this I would alert the local police if no one has already. I aslo would make sure my family and friends were okay too. Also,  if I were around this area I would try my best to get away and go somewhere safer.

• If I was in the area during the events of the stabbing I would contact the police if no one has yet. Then I am getting as far away as I could and as fast as I could from the area where the stabbings occurred because I do not feel like getting stabbed any time soon.

• I would also try to alert the local police if not done so. If I were in the area I would want to leave as soon as I can too. I also would want to try and help anyone around me as much as I can. I would stay away from the area until it is safe and I know that the police have caught the suspect and he or she is taken in.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker